Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I need a bike engine
lsdweb

posted on 15/1/06 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Chris - most helpful - and that site has saved me a few quid in buying a manual from eBay!

I need about 80mm clearance around the sprocket (measured from the centre of the shaft) - the attached photo shows the diff fitted to the Blackbird engine - the black bit in the middle is the cush drive. Rescued attachment Image018.JPG
Rescued attachment Image018.JPG

lsdweb

posted on 16/1/06 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
I've just bought an R1 - 2001 model without carbs - the spacing of the ports should allow me to use the GSXR throttle bodies I've got. I'm going to try and use my Emerald management system as well.
Coose

posted on 16/1/06 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
You don't mess about, do you?

Just one thing regarding engine numbers - the ACU insist that the engine and chassis no.s are intact - do the MSA not require this?

The ACU brought this in in the early '90's to help combat bike theft....

Spin 'er off Well...

lsdweb

posted on 16/1/06 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Coose

The season starts in a couple of months and the car is going, hopefully next week for the chassis 'mods' so I need to get the engine and diff combo together ready.

The MSA will need an engine number for the log book - I'm OK because I've bought an engine with a number on it - not the one I was looking at originally.

Regards

Wyn

Triton

posted on 16/1/06 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
I take it your are not having a space frame Mini then but going the single seater route instead.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lsdweb

posted on 16/1/06 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Triton

The space framed Mini was very appealing and ken was very helpful. It came down to budget in the end, and an opportunistic purchase of a single seater.

maybe, when I'm older

Wyn

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.