Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Do you think I was Right or Wrong?
JamJah

posted on 12/5/07 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
How about removing the no parking signage and replacing it with a explosives hazard sign?
Of course any cars in the way can then be accidently torched?

This is personal advise or personal opinion.
Constructive comments gratefully recieved, picking is left for noses.

DarrenW

posted on 12/5/07 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenBAt the very least I'd use contact adhesive to attach a few sticker to her windows....

Maybe some accidently spilt adhesive around tyres and road.

TBH i reckon writing on screen is cheeky but not exactly out of order.

Maybe a restricter pushed up inside exhaust would be a giggle. You will never know the outcome but will cause some suitable grief.
Superglue wipers to screen.

Hammerhead

posted on 12/5/07 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
super glue the locks, get the police to tow it as an abandoned vehicle!!
graememk

posted on 12/5/07 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
expanding aerosol insulation foam in the rear silencer

DarrenW

posted on 12/5/07 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk

Ooooooh - you bitch!!!! nice idea. That ranks up there with the plastic bag in fuel tank trick.

Thinking about it - just glue up the fuel filler discretely. If a typical small car driver they may not try to fill up til last minute.......... just think about the fuel station grief.
I teckon the best revenge is that which is so discreet the originator wont know where it has come from.

robinbastd

posted on 12/5/07 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Nitram - u2u me your address and I'll pop some of these in the post.

no parking pad

Regards,
Ian

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

oadamo

posted on 12/5/07 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
get a gas cartridge that you use in the hair curlers and stick it up the exhaust you can get them from boots

nitram38

posted on 12/5/07 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by robinbastd
Nitram - u2u me your address and I'll pop some of these in the post.

no parking pad

Regards,
Ian

Thanks for the offer, but I am going to see if things cool off in the next couple of days. If things look like there is going to be a general problem with parking in this cul-de-sac, then I may look elsewhere for a garage.
I am hoping that this little reminder might make people think that I am not going to take any sh*t

nitram38

posted on 12/5/07 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, no car in there yet.
I'll wait this week to see how things go.
I can give a weeks notice to the council, so if this looks like too much hassle, they can have it.
I am not sure but I think this woman came home from the shops and just looked at me while the garage door was open and I was working on the door defender. If she can't be bothered to acknowledge me and her car in the way, I am sure she is not the most amiable person.
I don't really care if she wants a problem or not.
All I will say is that I have a few things lined up if it turns bad.

omega 24 v6

posted on 12/5/07 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
I know a guy that stays next door to a church. First week after he moved in someone boxed his drive off at morning service. Bold as brass he walked in and right up to the minister and gave chapter and verse along with the reg no and asked for it to be moved immediately. It was never a problem again.
As the others have said I wouldn't go to far if your not in the vicinity. You could however let down all of the tyres and leave a note on the window saying you "NOTICED" the tyres were flat when you "TRIED" to get your car out of the garage if you need a habd to inflate them call me on ****** etc. as I'd be willing to help you reinflate them using the compressor in the garage that your blocking.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

rusty nuts

posted on 12/5/07 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Once had a rep park blocking my drive, when asked if he would was told "you will have to wait" . Parked my VW camper 2 inches from his front bumper and a 240 volvo 2 inches from his rear bumper . Went in and had dinner which took an hour , took the dog for a walk by which time he was raving and threataning to call the police so dog had an extra long walk . Then went for shower and change before going out . On leaving told him next time someone asked him to move it may save him 3hours waiting.
nitram38

posted on 12/5/07 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
I like the wheel clamp idea and leaving a mobile number, making them wait.

Simon

posted on 12/5/07 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
Let some air out of tyres and replace with concrete.

ATB

Simon

MikeRJ

posted on 12/5/07 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
I like the wheel clamp idea and leaving a mobile number, making them wait.

Not condoning the selfish cows actions at all, but clamping her would be illegal as you need to have a license to operate as a clamper.

MikeR

posted on 12/5/07 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
Having been in a similar situation i can sympathise ........ but .........

you've no idea why she parked like that. She could have been rushing to see an elderly relative whos being taken to hospital in an ambulance. How would you feel if that was you're car you came back too having just spent 24 hours in hospital and your mum dying?

Ok, bit extreme, but you don't know why she did it. Chances are she knows no one uses the garage and parks there cause its convienient but as a first 'move' you should have been more polite. She hasn't broken any laws - you have.

JamJah

posted on 13/5/07 at 12:26 AM Reply With Quote
Parking illegally on private property... ok the councils but its private none the less.

JoelP

posted on 13/5/07 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
not sure it counts as illegal parking. I could leave my car in a neighbours drive and there isnt much (legally) he could do about it.
nitram38

posted on 13/5/07 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
The dropped kerb law exists where someone blocks you in.
They can still block you in but they must be available to move the car if asked.
This woman was not available so technically was breaking the law.
The police though were not sure if it was a council road or not.
What is our council tax for?
The police only come out if you actually stab or kill someone!!!!!!!!!!

wilkingj

posted on 13/5/07 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
Not condoning the selfish cows actions at all, but clamping her would be illegal as you need to have a license to operate as a clamper.

Also you need a legal sign in a clear and visible place, and put up Before the car is parked.

Writing on their car or anything else would be considered as "Tampering" which is an offence.

Trolley Jack is one of the best, no damage, and not hard to do.

I like the superglue in the tank cap. Delayed action and less traceable.
Trouble is you never know who is watching you these days.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locostv8

posted on 13/5/07 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
Make sure you don't peen the end of the wheel lugs and then cut off the valve stem.

At my work place we had reserved parking spots which most everyone observed. Mine was against a fence front & side with my bosses spot next to mine. Someone had a habit of parking in my spot and had been warned. One day the offender did it once too many times. My boss had me park in his spot and he parked his ton crewcab truck on the offenders bumper. Oh did I mention that was the day my boss & I had to go for a week to a company conference on the opposite coast. My spot was never violated again.

http://wrangler.rutgers.edu/gallery2/v/7slotgrille/hssss/

oadamo

posted on 13/5/07 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
I know a guy that stays next door to a church. First week after he moved in someone boxed his drive off at morning service. Bold as brass he walked in and right up to the minister and gave chapter and verse along with the reg no and asked for it to be moved immediately. It was never a problem again.
As the others have said I wouldn't go to far if your not in the vicinity. You could however let down all of the tyres and leave a note on the window saying you "NOTICED" the tyres were flat when you "TRIED" to get your car out of the garage if you need a habd to inflate them call me on ****** etc. as I'd be willing to help you reinflate them using the compressor in the garage that your blocking.

pmsl thats a good one

flak monkey

posted on 13/5/07 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk

Classic, works best on chav cars with 4" tail pipes. Would need a nice long nozzle though.

Indellible pen will easily come off with thinners or even spray deoderant, so its not all that permanent really, not as if you took a spray can to the car.

I would have sat and waited for them to come back and then had a few harsh words.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

JamJah

posted on 13/5/07 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Would someone still park there if you had a sign saying "Nitram Funeral Services. Access required 24/7"? hehe. if they did, i think you then close the door and wait for them to come back then start saying things like "its dark in here" and "help! i was only asleep!"
Other 'companies' you might want to use "Nitram Car breakers" "Nitram Towing and Clampers". Any other ideas?

nitram38

posted on 13/5/07 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Update:
I went out for the day.
When I was out I realised that the marker I used was waterbased so easy to clean, so no real damage/bother.
I had a long notice stuck to my garage saying that all I had to do was ask (the signs are not enough? ) and that I would recieve worse graffiti on my garage and I would have to pay for it.
Kept the threat notice and I did not write anything in return.
If anything does happen, she has put her name in the frame with the notice.
They are even in nice plastic folders, so I am sure that there is a fingerprint or two on them.
Nice to know I spoilt her Sunday after spoiling my ability to move my car in last night.
The car is moved which is a result.

[Edited on 13/5/2007 by nitram38]

trogdor

posted on 14/5/07 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Its really annoying around our flats for parking as there would be plenty of space if people took the time and parked properly, instead at different angles etc. There is a real need to have white lines denoting the spaces.

also irratating is the people who park there cars then go to work over the road in car show rooms etc. next time i catch someone doing it i plan to park my ratty duct taped micra on their forecourt, pride of place and see if they like it.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.