Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Do we not welcome new members anymore?
scootz

posted on 11/9/08 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally Posted by Simoto
Witness the treatment i recieved at the less than gentle hands of some twot called scooty or summat.

Oi.... if you're going to put names to "twots" can you please be specific as to their identity? There is no member called "scooty".

I am the closest to that... scootz!

I'm not saying I'm not a "twot", but I'm certainly not the "twot" you're referring to!

Thanks in advance!

Jasper

posted on 11/9/08 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by meany
Can i ask one question?

Did anyone here not understand, on the first post , what he was actually asking?.

My wife has just read it and understood exactly what he was asking.

She says he was asking if anyone has any plans ,or knows of any plans, of an off-road buggy that looks like a class 10 buggy.

[Edited on 11/9/08 by meany]

And how about this one:

thanx i have looked at them sites but they will not give me plans on how to build 1 the most iv got out of them is what type of tube they use iknow ppl build tere own i just need 2 know who they r and where they get there plans from i know theres a few auto grass ppl on here thort they mite be able to help thanx neway

I had to read it a few times b4 it made much sense to me, but then I don't do 'text speak'.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

meany

posted on 11/9/08 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
But you understood what he was saying.

Jasper

posted on 11/9/08 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, and I can understand a bit of French too, but you wouldn't suggest he write in French would you.

I'm not defending the rather heavy handed reply, not something I would do, BUT if I'm new to a forum I would certainly do what I could to make myself easily understood and not make people work for it, wouldn't you?

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

meany

posted on 11/9/08 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Im with you on that.
But why is such a big issue being made out of it.

lets see what his posts are like from now on, if he bothers to come back that is.

MikeRJ

posted on 11/9/08 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
I'm not defending the rather heavy handed reply, not something I would do, BUT if I'm new to a forum I would certainly do what I could to make myself easily understood and not make people work for it, wouldn't you?

Exactly the point; if you want other people to help you, then you should make it as easy as possible for them to understand your problem.

I deplore txt speak on forums, it's simply the height of laziness and/or ignorance. If you are using a PC you aren't paying for each letter you type, and your keyboard has more then 12 keys, so it's no effort to type things properly. The odd spelling mistake and typo I can live with, everyone makes them occasionally, the difference being they are accidental rather than deliberate.

[Edited on 11/9/08 by MikeRJ]

mr henderson

posted on 11/9/08 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
I'm on the side of making an effort to write properly too.

I nearly quoted a paragraph on this very thread that had been written by a person on the other side of the argument. It was a solid block of 6 lines (on my widescreen) of text and was difficult to read due to the problem of finding the correct line when my eyes go from the end of one line to the start of the next.

How much would it cost to put in some line spaces?

Nothing.

It's just thoughtlessness not to have any concern for the reader.

John

Alan B

posted on 11/9/08 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
These last 2 posts sum up my points perfectly. It is not and never has been about picking on people for spelling and grammar...like most people mine isn't perfect by any means.

However, if I'm asking a question I will do my very best to make it as clear and understandable as I possibly can...it's the least I can do if I want the best response.

Alan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
martyn_16v

posted on 11/9/08 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alistairolsen
Meh, I got banned from WSCC because I didnt own a westfield!

I saw that thread, I thought he was joking at first

The funny/sad thing is that the people on that forum who are probably the most helpful when someone has a problem that deviates from the build manual and the factory don't answer the phone, are the non-westy owners

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.