Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sva leighton buzzard
andy188

posted on 7/4/09 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
sva leighton buzzard

sva test today, fulled up on way, on arrival petrol tank breather leaking, (not a good start), took car into test station as requested, 15 min into run, cos checked all ok, then rad poped a big leak on side, my remoudling of rad not good, all ok on previous test runs in my workshop, no further testing carried out, the test guys agreed to carry on with visual checks, radiousus etc, very helpfull guys, 1 major concern was the rear seat belt mounting points, these where made as Chris Gibbs manual, i have been asked to strenthen them up, im adding another plate to bottom of mounting point as suggested with the guys at leighton, thought some of you would like to know about this if your in the build process, my new test date is the 23rd, a few things to fix before them following todays advise etc.
cloudy

posted on 7/4/09 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Doug and andy are spot on

They scrutinised my mounts carefully, and wanted to see build pictures to show everything was welded through and solid, even took the belt mounting bolts out to check. I'm glad they do, I wouldn't want to find out they were insufficient in an accident!

Any pics of your setup as it is?

www.warnercars.com

Miks15

posted on 7/4/09 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Can you please just go over in a bit more detail what you mean... Ive just welded mine on so if they need changin slightly id rather do it now before i paint it all.

As cloudy said do you have any pics?

02GF74

posted on 8/4/09 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andy188
sva test today, fulled up on way, on arrival petrol tank breather leaking, (not a good start),

LOOL you too eh?

As you know t here is a slight downward slope to the test area - I filled my tank to the brim from a can and ofcourse the breather is at the rear of the tank, so no prizes for guessing what happened when I drove into the flat bay of the test area

they were not too please as had to mop up the petrol and refused to test until I convinced them of the issue.

after that all went well apart from 3 pages of failures but that is another story.

zoom

posted on 8/4/09 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Mine was at this centre too (3rd april)and I found the chaps very helpfull even when I turned up 45 minutes late.
Funny andy asked if the tank was full as he said they usually leak out of the breather, but I have a one way valave on mine.

mycar
mybuildsite

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 8/4/09 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zoom
Mine was at this centre too (3rd april)and I found the chaps very helpfull even when I turned up 45 minutes late.
Funny andy asked if the tank was full as he said they usually leak out of the breather, but I have a one way valave on mine.

You should have a 2 way valve, otherwise your tank will pressurize.
Especially if you have a fuel return, but even if you don't, your fuel will expand on hot days.
You need one that breathes until it is inverted.

andy188

posted on 8/4/09 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
will take photos thur pm, before & after, will try to post thereafter(not done this before), if you have made your rear mounts as per Chris gs book, they have suggested to me to add another plate from bottom of roll bar to bottom of round boss, (see attached)
cloudy

posted on 8/4/09 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
I don't blame them! The original design is pretty shocking!

[Edited on 8/4/09 by cloudy]

www.warnercars.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.