Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Are vindicator Sprint's any good?
pekwah1

posted on 23/2/10 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Are vindicator Sprint's any good?

Hi guys,

Basically have seen a vindicator at a good price but i don't know anything about them. Have had a search round the net but haven't found much so far.

Was in the market for an mk indy or raw striker but have just seen this, wondering if it's worth a punt?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1519599.htm

Any opinions welcome!

Regards,
Andy

RichieHall

posted on 23/2/10 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Not too sure about his reason for sale?

Maybe he would take £2k if you counted it out for him?

Rust is lighter than Carbon Fibre!

philw

posted on 23/2/10 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichieHall
Not too sure about his reason for sale?

It does seem odd.

Must try harder

jacko

posted on 23/2/10 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry i don't like them myself

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
swanny

posted on 23/2/10 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
id try calling the vindicator md john butler. they seem to have a record of most of the cars built and try to keep up to date with current owners etc. he may be ablke to tell you some independant history about the car which may be useful.

i have a v8 sprint so if you have any questions on the model etc just u2u me
paul

pekwah1

posted on 23/2/10 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
i was mainly curious to their development and chassis quality. Just wanted to see how they are regarded compared to such as the indy and the striker etc?
Ninehigh

posted on 23/2/10 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
"and fitted new pads and pained calipers"

Pained calipers?

I'll tell you why he needs to sell it, he needs lessons in sentences!

SPYDER

posted on 23/2/10 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
[dons flame suit] Personally I don't like them at all. To my eyes they look wrong in almost every way.
You may see things differently. They are, however, usually cheap.
I would save up a little more money and go for a cheap Westfield. Or just a little more and go for a Striker.
The Striker has lots of race winning pedigree and is a far better chassis IMHO.
Likewise the Westie.
You maybe need a test drive in each to help you decide.
If price is your only deciding factor then include the Vindicator in your shortlist.
[/dons flame suit]
Geoff.

ReMan

posted on 23/2/10 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
That one looks quite smart, but the styling is not to everones taste
pekwah1

posted on 23/2/10 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the replies.
Price is not my only concern, i just noticed this one and realised i don't know anything about vindicators...

A striker is my first choice followed by an mk indy, so if you are saying a vindicator is not on a level with these then i'll keep searching....

thanks,
andy

eddie99

posted on 23/2/10 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
If he says this in the advert:

reason for sale is too much hastle to get it out for the weekend as have to move other cars etc

It can't be great lol

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
omega0684

posted on 24/2/10 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
i doubt that will be any good got sprinting, its got a pinto in it

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 24/2/10 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Keep searching for a Striker or Westfield for a little more money. Theres plenty around at the 5-6k mark. and you'll have somthing to enjoy. Not somthing you'll regret.

Matt

hicost blade

posted on 24/2/10 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
By a Westfield....................
Vindi_andy

posted on 26/2/10 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
OK heres my 2 pen'orth.

Not knowing a lot regarding chassis development, handling characteristic etc i cant comment on that.

Granted the looks leave something to be desired and are not to everyones taste but they have improved IMHO with the MK4 bodywork.

If you are looking for a cheap, fun weekend car then this has to be in the list.

Me personally thats what i was looking for however the other half also had her say meaning it had to have 4 seats, and there arent many 4 seaters around and the vidicator sprint "family" ticked all the boxes for me admittedly it was a very short list of boxes

swanny

posted on 1/3/10 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
re the chassis, handling etc. and the reasons i bought mine.

i think its wider than a standard seven so for me felt more planted around corners.

it has a huge engine bag, so my v8 fits in with tonnes of room on either side for access.

it has a very wide tunnel meaning the rover 5 speed manual box bits in easily. so no faff with mating rv8's to sierra boxes (and i already had an lt77 box)

the engine is a long way back and the passengers sit in front of the rear axle mean that more of the weight is between the axles

all theory i know but it seemed to make sense to me.

i took it for a track day once the v8 was in really as a shake down to see if anything fell off! (it didnt! :-) ) and and it seemed really pretty capable, having driven a few other sevens. even for me with the extra power it seemed easy to control and predicatable when pushed to break away.

early days at the moment, but just some thoughts so far,

looks wise, the best thing vindicator could do is get somneone to design a really gorgeous new body available as a retro fit and they'd probably sell a lot more.

as others have said its down to taste.

procomp

posted on 1/3/10 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Having had quite a bit of involvement with a few of the daft lads who have tried to use vindicators on track. I would have to disagree with the above statements the chassis is absolutely diabolical. Handling is not a word that will ever be used in the same sentence as the name Vindicator.

The car that they bang on about that raced in the 750Mc kits ( Ian crebas / Martin smiths ) was 9 sec per lap of the pace. The same driver drive train and engine where placed into another manufacturers chassis and it won the championship outright the following year.

Use one to have a bit of a Sunday drive in and thats about all they are good for.

Cheers Matt

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.