Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Can anyone recommend a good driving experience day?
Liam

posted on 6/3/10 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Can anyone recommend a good driving experience day?

Hi there folks - wonder if you can help.

A friend of mine is visiting the UK/Europe from Singapore and one of the things he wants to do is one of these 'drive a supercar' day thingies. There seems to be millions to choose from and having not been on one myself I wouldn't mind some advice in choosing a decent company to go with.

So anyone here have any good/bad experiences to report? I've heard of somebody having a crap time at one of these sorts of things - driving a Lambo and being told not to take it above 5000rpm etc etc. Last thing I want is for him to spend a load of cash and to get something like that!

I'm in Bedford so local would be preferable - I guess one held at Silverstone ought to be OK as long as you get to gun it down Hangar straight. I think I've heard good stuff about Bedford autodrome too.

I think he's more interested in supercar/exotica than track weapons like elise/atom etc, but I suppose a mixture would be great too. So if anyone knows any good websites/companies to start with, it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Krismc

posted on 6/3/10 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Audi driving @ silverstone

Includes drifting a RS4, absolutly amazing

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

MakeEverything

posted on 6/3/10 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Liam
Hi there folks - wonder if you can help.

A friend of mine is visiting the UK/Europe from Singapore and one of the things he wants to do is one of these 'drive a supercar' day thingies. There seems to be millions to choose from and having not been on one myself I wouldn't mind some advice in choosing a decent company to go with.

So anyone here have any good/bad experiences to report? I've heard of somebody having a crap time at one of these sorts of things - driving a Lambo and being told not to take it above 5000rpm etc etc. Last thing I want is for him to spend a load of cash and to get something like that!

I'm in Bedford so local would be preferable - I guess one held at Silverstone ought to be OK as long as you get to gun it down Hangar straight. I think I've heard good stuff about Bedford autodrome too.

I think he's more interested in supercar/exotica than track weapons like elise/atom etc, but I suppose a mixture would be great too. So if anyone knows any good websites/companies to start with, it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Liam

A friend of mine did a corporate day atBedford Aerodrome, and he said it was awesome. Drove a 7, single seater etc...

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

GMPMotorsport

posted on 6/3/10 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
www.DriversDreamDays.co.uk
www.everymanracing.co.uk

Won't go wrong with either of these but then again I do work for them

www.gmpdevelopments.co.uk
www.gmpmotorsport.co.uk
ARDS Instructer.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichieHall

posted on 6/3/10 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Saab Ice Driving

http://www.icehotel.com/uk/Activities-in-Lapland/Ice-driving/

Absolutely no limits what so ever, the instructor kept pushing me faster and faster until I exceeded my talent and ended up being pull out of the snow wall, he just laughed!

Fantastic day, the wife even won a brand new (1/28 scale) SAAB 9-3 for being the 'best' driver!

Rust is lighter than Carbon Fibre!

40inches

posted on 8/3/10 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
The wife bought me a Caterham Slalom Day for my 60th last year. What a hoot! Donuts r us. The instructors are ace, and one of them is a slim, blonde, 20 something girly, who put the macho "But it,s a GIRL" brigade to shame
Liam

posted on 9/3/10 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. The ultimate supercar thingy on GMPs link looks just the business.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.