Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA applied for :)
MK7

posted on 5/5/04 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
SVA applied for :)

Almost a year in the making...

Last Monday I contacted DVLA Manchester, actually they contacted me after I made a call to the DVLA robot. Manchester sent me a V55/5 form and a V627/1 which I duly completed and returned on Tuesday. On Thursday it came back requesting that I enclose the original donor V5 and copies of receipts for the chassis. They could have made that point a bit clearer, I expected that they would check the V5 etc when they inspected the car.

Yesterday (Tuesday) after a bit of a chat, they faxed me a VIN which I will get stamped on the chassis today. Once it's stamped Manchester DVLA will come and inspect the vehicle. Normally they inspect the vehicle before providing the VIN but last weekend my original contact went on 2 weeks holiday and there appears to have been a corresponding shift in who does what.

Interestingly, the lady that deals with transactions said that, based on what I've provided on the two forms I mentioned above, I don't need an SVA

She referred to something called a grid and said she could issue a registration without SVA. This sounds a bit incredible so, armed with my new VIN, I sent of my SVA application form.

I expect to meet with DVLA next week and if they are prepared to register the car then all well and good, I'll let you know.

If anyone within reach wants to come along for the SVA let me know, as soon as I have a date / time I'll post it here.

j30fos

posted on 5/5/04 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck Pal, hope passes. How was Stonleigh.
MK7

posted on 5/5/04 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks John,

Stoneleigh was good but a bit wet on Monday , I got all the bits and pieces I needed.

Had a bit of a setback yesterday evening when my nearside panel came half off, looks like the sikaflex stuck to the chassis but not the fibre, may need stronger clamps.

Should get that fixed tonight

j30fos

posted on 5/5/04 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
I used rivets for the side panel.

It was lovely on the Sunday, burnt me head

MK7

posted on 11/5/04 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Registered without SVA

Nice lady from Manchester DVLA came to see the car today and left with a cheque for £165.00 for 12 months road fund license.

I'm still awaiting an SVA test date but DVLA seem to think it's not necessary.

Seeing as I've volunteered to have an SVA then DVLA asked if, as a courtesy, I'd send them a copy.

So, I should have a new set of plates tomorrow.

:-)

CairB

posted on 11/5/04 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Russel,

I think that you've slipped through a worm hole into a parallel universe regarding SVA requirements.

I presume that your going through with it anyway for the excitement

I hope that it goes well for you. Are you going to go plated up to left foot them?

We may yet bump into each other yet, not literally though.

Cheers,

Colin

Deckman001

posted on 11/5/04 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Would be a bit of a bummer if you get given the plates only for the sva people to take them away if you fail, worth the risk ??? I doubt it

Jason

MK7

posted on 13/5/04 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmmmmm!!!!

I've been wondering about that.

I've now got an SVA date of June 4th, I'm going to give them a call and see if I can get a cancellation and so get in a bit sooner.

I suspect I'm going to take the plates off (and the tax disc) for SVA just to be on the safe side.

Anyone want to come along for the experience?

Russell

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.