Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bad Start to the day!
JeffHs

posted on 31/7/10 at 05:56 AM Reply With Quote
Bad Start to the day!

Up at 5 this morning for a trip to the Lakes. Walking weekend with some old mates. Plan was to take my caravan as base camp others in tents. Had some difficulty getting the rig out of the drive because of a car parked opposite, full lock and clang NSF spring broke (03 Mondeo). Had to chop back and forth to clear parked car, stuffed rear NS corner of van into tree - signifcant damage. Drove round the block to turn around and didn't think I'd make it back - sounds horrible.
Wife's Fiesta needs injector seals and Locost is unusable because I've just fitted twin 40s and it's running very badly!

Would be a lovely morning for a ride out too!

scootz

posted on 31/7/10 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
Bugger!

It's Evolution Baby!

MakeEverything

posted on 31/7/10 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
I pranged my 07 mondeo company car because of some fuckwit parked opposite like that.
Some people.....

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Paradoxia0

posted on 31/7/10 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
That sucks. Certainly is a bad start to the day!

The people over the road from me always have visitors over who always park opposite my driveway even through their drive is empty. It is so frustrating so I know how you feel.

Mark

There is no replacement for displacement...

carlknight1982

posted on 31/7/10 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
i had to replace a nsf spring on my 03 mondeo too, its not too bad but you have to drop the engine subframe down to get clearence to removed the leg. just be careful making sure you dont move the frame otherwise its a bugger to get back aligned.

Logic will get you from a A to B
Imagination will take you everywhere.

adithorp

posted on 31/7/10 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carlknight1982
i had to replace a nsf spring on my 03 mondeo too, its not too bad but you have to drop the engine subframe down to get clearence to removed the leg. just be careful making sure you dont move the frame otherwise its a bugger to get back aligned.

You're doing something wrong if you had to do that. Done dozens and never had to drop the sub-frame.
If you do take it on yourself be VERY carefull. the old type (twin) spring compressors tend to slip on mondeo springs and you can get a facefull of spring!

adrian

ps. Ive had a bad start to the day as well. The Focus for service that I didn't think would turn up, has; So I can't work on the Fury instead.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

mcerd1

posted on 31/7/10 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carlknight1982
just be careful making sure you dont move the frame otherwise its a bugger to get back aligned.

can you just use the alignment pins ? ebay linky (they fit most of the fords)
I've taken the focus subframe off twice now with them

-

Danozeman

posted on 31/7/10 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds bad mate,. Weathers poo round here so if it like that up there then wouldnt have been nice walking.

quote:

The people over the road from me always have visitors over who always park opposite my driveway even through their drive is empty. It is so frustrating so I know how you feel.

I have that problem i drive at them with my hand on the horn. They soon come out and move. Only they park at the bottom of my drive not opposite.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

Ninehigh

posted on 31/7/10 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paradoxia0
That sucks. Certainly is a bad start to the day!

Mark

Same here, one of these days we're going to have to get out quick and they're gonna get t-boned

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.