Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Go to Stafford Kit car show or Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb???
jono2020

posted on 17/9/10 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Go to Stafford Kit car show or Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb???

I live in Worcester and the hill climb is not too far but its the same weekend as the Stafford show. Has anyone been to Shelsley Walsh hill climb and can reccomend it over the kit car show???
MK9R

posted on 17/9/10 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
shelsly is brilliant (just down the road from me), especially if its dry!!! Its a great spectacle. Nothing else to see other than the sprints and looking at the cars in the paddock, plus the bars and pork bap stand . its about £13 a head i think

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 17/9/10 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
...and pork bap stand

"Pork bap" isn't quite doing it justice. More pig-roast bap... Mmmmmmmm.... porky goodness.

phelpsa

posted on 17/9/10 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'm competing at Shelsley on Sunday... come say hi if you head over!

Always an excellent selection of cars there. Definitely worth it.

[Edited on 17-9-10 by phelpsa]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CNHSS1

posted on 17/9/10 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Shelsley +1
will be there tomoz

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

jono2020

posted on 17/9/10 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa

Yer I will do. I'll look out for you... Is it mainly locosts or are there loads of others too? Also does anyone know what its like for parking as ill be bringing the tiger and I get very nervous leaving it parked up on road or a car park with speed bumps...

fesycresy

posted on 17/9/10 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Shelsley but a mile.

Stafford show is shite.

Neither for me though, got to watch my girl kick arse in Jiu Jitsu competion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

phelpsa

posted on 17/9/10 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Yer I will do. I'll look out for you... Is it mainly locosts or are there loads of others too? Also does anyone know what its like for parking as ill be bringing the tiger and I get very nervous leaving it parked up on road or a car park with speed bumps...

Mine's the only Locost there on Sunday. All sorts of cars competing, small hatches, sports cars, kit cars, classics, a feck load of ferraris, morgans, healeys and TVRs, small single seaters, large singe seaters and classic single seaters. Really something for everyone!

Parking is a field, but a fairly flat one. You wont have any issues

CNHSS1

posted on 17/9/10 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jono2020
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa

there will be all sorts, from classics to singles seaters, tin tops and road cars.
parking is on the huge field next to the hill itself. If its good enough for the ferraris, astons, bentleys and porsches your car wont have trouble getting on or off.

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

jono2020

posted on 17/9/10 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Iv actually just been down to Shelsey Walsh to have a look and already there are a few impressive cars parked up in the paddock. Anyone know how much it is for a ticket?
phelpsa

posted on 17/9/10 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jono2020
Iv actually just been down to Shelsey Walsh to have a look and already there are a few impressive cars parked up in the paddock. Anyone know how much it is for a ticket?

£13 I think.

amalyos

posted on 18/9/10 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hope you chose the hill climb, Stafford was crap!!! Waste of a tenner and day.

http://stevembuild.blogspot.com

phelpsa

posted on 19/9/10 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent weekend's motorsport. Managed a half decent time despite it being my first hillclimb in the car which put me half way up the class standings

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.