Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Bit more progress
rb968

posted on 3/10/10 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Bit more progress

Managed to find a couple of hours this afternoon when it wasn't raining to get the Indy outside and try the gear shift mechanism. Seems ok but need to give it a proper run somewhere legal (or quiet)

Couple of things left ot tackle. Obviously the front wings and side repeater on them. Not looking forward to bending the stays. What kind of gap should I be looking for between top of the tyre and the underside of the wing? Obviously enough to get the wheel on and off 25mm enough?

Then the mirrors left to do and a bit worried about seeing over the rear wings to meet the IVA requirements.
Couple of pics.
Outside at last
Outside at last

Outside at last
Outside at last

Outside at last
Outside at last

Sort of thinking I'm getting ready to book my IVA date!

Rich

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2760
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 3/10/10 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
Looking very nice .

[Edited on 3/10/10 by CRAIGR]

speedyxjs

posted on 3/10/10 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote

How are you fixing your wings? I have bolted mine on so i can have the wings nice and close to the wheels but i have to undo one of the screws so i can get the wheel off. I think i have anout an inch between wheel and wing.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

rb968

posted on 3/10/10 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Was planning to bolt them with black dome allen bolts. (or stainless and paint the heads). Never fancied trying to bond or glass them on as you say then you can unbolt when needed.

Was thinking of laying some convoluted tube or hose over the tyre and spacing it that way. Seen that on American Chopper I think :-)

Bit worried the bent stays won't be right and as they won't follow the curve of the wing how well they will bolt up I am not sure. Might have to space them.

Feel free to post some pics of how you do yours !

Rich

tomgregory2000

posted on 3/10/10 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
looking good.

But it looks like your driver side front tyre is on back to front, im rather sure that with the prada spec 2 tyres can only be fitted one way and it looks wrong when they are correct (if you know what i mean)

but as they are in the rain the one on the driver side will promote(sp) aquaplaining as it will be forcing the water to the big groove in the tyre rather than pushing the water to the edge of the tyre

speedyxjs

posted on 3/10/10 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rb968
Was planning to bolt them with black dome allen bolts. (or stainless and paint the heads). Never fancied trying to bond or glass them on as you say then you can unbolt when needed.

Was thinking of laying some convoluted tube or hose over the tyre and spacing it that way. Seen that on American Chopper I think :-)

Bit worried the bent stays won't be right and as they won't follow the curve of the wing how well they will bolt up I am not sure. Might have to space them.

Feel free to post some pics of how you do yours !

Rich

I dont think i have any

I made mine with some 5mm x 25mm steel bent roughly to the profile of the tyre and welded to a plate which bolts to the top upright ball joint.

Put the wheel on and make sure it matches the profile of the tyre as you want it (one of mine was angled up a bit so had to be bent back down).

when you are hapy with it, drill a couple of holes and screw the wing on. I welded a nut on the bottom of the steel strips so i could screw the wing on with the wheel in place.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

rb968

posted on 3/10/10 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
tomgregory2000

Good spot. Will check them. To be honest I threw them on to push it out of the garage. Hopefully there are 2 of each way.

Rich

adithorp

posted on 3/10/10 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Aren't those tyres asymetrical ie have an inside and outside rather than directional?

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.