Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tyres for the Tin Top
Blackbird Rush

posted on 27/11/10 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
Tyres for the Tin Top

Need to get a full set of boots for the tintop, currently has Bridgestones 205/55/16 which are the factory fitment on this car (2006 Focus 2.0L Duratec auto)

Any recommendations for a good all weather tyre pretty sure i've gone through 2 sets of the bridgestones in the last 50K.

owelly

posted on 27/11/10 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Vredestein snowtrac 2/3? Very good for snow and in the wet. Fairly good in the dry.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 27/11/10 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
I'm using Falken 452's on all of my cars - very competent and under rated tyres

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mikegsi

posted on 27/11/10 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
had the 452's on my Evo 8, didnt rate them at all..... vredestein sessanta were good and reasonably priced, cant really go wrong with goodyears though imo
britishtrident

posted on 27/11/10 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Rover used the same size on some 75s and were plagued with tyre wear on the shoulders that didnt seem to occur with other sizes , even rotating them front to rear getting more than 25,000 miles is pretty well impossible.

My own car uses this size and I took the decision to buy costing £50 rather rather than big name £100 or £150 tyres, using the logic that a new cheap tyre would give more grip than a big brand tyre with 6mm in the centre but only 2mm at the edges.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Blackbird Rush

posted on 27/11/10 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Mine are pretty evenly worn across the tyre, so no issues with abnormal wear but as its FWD with a poky engine the fronts take a hammering anyway.

Just bought a set from etyres, being fitted on Monday at the office. Went for Continental sport contacts as i've heard some good things about them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.