Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone been Monaco (GP)?
SeanStone

posted on 21/3/11 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone been Monaco (GP)?

Thinking of going to monaco this year, but I was wondering if anyone else had been. If so how much did it cost? An old lecturer said he stayed in nice which is a 30 minute train journey away but I can't remember what (if any) tickets he bought. said he got a great view and the trip was quite cheap
TimC

posted on 21/3/11 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Not been for GP weekend but you could stay in Cannes or even St Tropez for example and still be in reasonable striking distance. Nice is virtually on the doorstep as you suggest.

martyn1137

posted on 21/3/11 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
I was there last year. Great atmosphere and maybe best GP to see as a one off event. Organisation in the town is very slick and public transport is fantastic. Racing can be a bit processional but made up for by getting close to the track and literally being in the centre of Monaco. In that respect beats some dusty circiut miles from anywhere.

We bought tickets overlooking pool area, good place to be in my view but nonev of them are cheap! Accommodation costs also high over the weekend but we were 3 miles down coast, could have walked in but bus fantastic. Worth a visit on Saturday for just the sound of the cars while you wander round the expensive shops or get a beer - awesome.

Food and drink prices are highish there anyway but didn't seem to get raised on race days.

If you want more help U2U me a number.

Martyn

dan8400

posted on 21/3/11 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't go for F1 (although I love it!) we popped into monaco for a day trip whilst in Cannes for a holiday last year. We drove down there so I got to cane it through the tunnel which was awesome!

For such a small place it is well layed out and very accessable. Not far to drive (maybe 40 mins from cannes) or St.Tropez (about 1hr 20mins).

Lovely part of the world and I would love to go back to see Monaco GP even if it's only once

Dan

Hey - That's Journey!!!

keith777

posted on 21/3/11 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
I went 4 years ago,stayed in Nice,hotel prices double when gp is on,train to Monaco takes bout 1/2 hour- buy tickets day before,train will be packed but nice scenic ride.We had tickets in grandstand at tabac,great view also great hearing the cars behind you as well,think if you go early in the week you can walk the circuit. Cheers Keith
AndyGT

posted on 21/3/11 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Recently been told that a "friend of a friend" lives in Monaco and every year she gets the hell out of there as she hates cars!
Of course, I've offered to "house-sit"!!!!

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Yazza54

posted on 21/3/11 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Looks a stunning place but always a precession

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.