Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Major digital tacho offence
mad-butcher

posted on 18/4/11 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Major digital tacho offence

one for the tacho card experts. Commited one of the deadliest sins, driving on someone elses card, How. The company I work for will not down load our cards at the end of our shift, we have to leave them and then pick them up at the start of our next shift. yes an accident waiting to happen,

started my shift and asked another driver to pass me my card (didn't check he'd given me mine) inserted it into machine (again didn't check it was my name that came up) at the end of shift noticed it wasn't mine so put it back in office and got mine, all this was in December and it's just come up on their monthly tacho audit, I'm prepared to accept the consequences with VOSA but she wants me dismissed as she reckons she can be hauled before the traffic commissioners and it could loose the company it's freight licence TRUE or FALSE. I reckon it's just a matter between me and VOSA

[Edited on 18/4/11 by mad-butcher]

[Edited on 18/4/11 by mad-butcher]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 18/4/11 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Dismissal for this seems to be ridiculous for a first offence and a simple human error Perhaps she is worried that VOSA will audit the company and find out how poorly they are handling the tacho system?

Might be worth asking on Pistonheads, I know there are a quite a few truckers on there.

[Edited on 18/4/11 by MikeRJ]

iank

posted on 18/4/11 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be making it clear that if I were dismissed the level of audit they'd be facing on their processes and procedures might be considerably deeper.
Sounds like someone trying to deflect the blame from the inevitable fallout.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

P ?

posted on 18/4/11 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
You really shouldnt be leaving it at work !!!! its your property and they have 28days to do a download from your card ... i have mine done every friday to be on the safe side !

if your sat with a driver too he should put his in slot 2.

hootsno1

posted on 18/4/11 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
join a drivers union (united road transport). to work for my employer you have got to be in one, my freinds have joined unions and when there companys try it on they just threaten to call there union rep and the company will back down.
for the sake of £3.00 a week you get lots of benerfits like getting you off speeding tickets and representing you in court if needed and lots more.
In our trade i think all drivers should join one for piece of mind.

Ninehigh

posted on 21/4/11 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
I might be a level 10 cynic at the moment but it sounds to me like their procedure is partly to blame here, and they know it. If they scare you and you run then they're home free, but if you don't, go to Vosa and tell them what you told us they might end up asking why you're having to hand your card in at the end of each day.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.