Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Water jet cutting
MikeCapon

posted on 29/4/11 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
Water jet cutting

I recently need some thin (0.25mm) shims for a project I am working on. These are normally 'fine blanked' which is a sophisticated pressing technique with some pretty expensive tooling.

Not wanting to spent four figures on tooling to make just 100 small shims I looked around to try and find an alternative.

Water jet cutting is well known for cutting thicker material but this sort of wafer thin spring steel is much harder to cut without distortion and burring at the edges.

andyw7de on here though found me a solution to my dilema by sandwiching the shim between sheets of perspex and cutting through all three layers at the same time.

On top of that he received the material one morning and the 100 shims were cut and shipped the same day

They say that you can do it right, you can do it fast, you can do it cheap... Pick any two.. Andy managed all three.

So, if you need any parts cutting give him a try. When you find out how reasonable his prices are and how well he works you'll not bother spending hours angry grinding and filing to make the parts you need.

Thanks Andy.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Miks15

posted on 29/4/11 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
yeh i can also recomend andy, great guy and always does reasonable prices with good turnaround.

Need some more bits cutting soon actually so hell be getting some more business soon!

40inches

posted on 29/4/11 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
+2

andyw7de

posted on 29/4/11 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the comments guys

we try our best to please

cheers

Andy

Speed is just a question of money !

How fast do you want to go ?

flak monkey

posted on 29/4/11 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Had lots done by Andy and its all been spot on.

Need some more soon

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.