Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Garage clearout - gauges, heater, gearbox, injectors, vice, oil cooler, ARB, roll bar etc
djtom

posted on 2/5/11 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
Garage clearout - gauges, heater, gearbox, injectors, vice, oil cooler, ARB, roll bar etc

Had a tidy up this evening, and decided I need to convert some bits into cash!

Record 1-ton engineers vice. Brand new and unused (ignore the generous helping of garage dust!), has 4 inch jaws and opens to ~4 inches.

£25

vice
vice

Rollbar from my Tiger Super Six. It will need repainting, and it was angle grinded from the chassis to remove it, which means that the square feet don't have enough meat to be drilled and bolted to a chassis now, so it'll need to be welded on to your car, or have new feet welded on. On the plus side it weights a fair bit, so it's probably fairly strong! Only removed due to full cage upgrade.

£20

rollbar
rollbar

Heater matrix, centrifugal fan and housing. Complete heater assembly from Super Six (I may regret this when it gets cold...). Heater matrix sits in bottom part of housing, fan draws air through this from passenger footwell and blows it through flexi hose (not inc.) to desired point of warmth. Works pretty well. Comes with length of tatty "aeroquip" looking hose and blue blingy fitting.

£25

heater matrix
heater matrix

Tiger Super Six fibreglass pedal box cover. Tatty, with cutouts for cable exits. May be of use to someone - I've swapped to floor mounted pedals so no good to me any more.

£5

pedal box cover
pedal box cover

XR4x4i gearbox. This is a Type 9 'box with alloy bellhousing. Worked ok in the car before it was sacrificed for its parts. Has a long ratio 1st gear that can be stolen for use in a normal 2wd Type 9, or use the alloy bellhousing to add lightness in a V6 installation. Or put it back in a Sierra. Up to you really. No clutch fork (unless I manage to find it in the next couple of days!).

£50, collection only

xr4x4 box
xr4x4 box

Injectors. 2 sets from standard 2.0l silvertop zetecs (mk1 mondeo), one set from a Rover 220 Turbo which are capable of 220bhp and are a cheap upgrade for vauxhall red top owners. All were working ok etc etc.

£5 per set, Rover ones sold

injectors
injectors

Fog light. Not much more to say, comes with a decent bracket and it's nice and bright.

£7.50

fog light
fog light

Oil cooler - 19 row Mocal, used and grubby on the outside but inlets plugged and clean (but oily!) on the inside - i.e it's not been used on an engine that's blown up!

£15

oil cooler
oil cooler

Complete set of gauges - from Tiger Super Six. Speedo, Tacho, voltmeter, water temp, oil temp (not a matching gauge), clock and fue gauge. Speedo looks like it will be easy to open and reset if you don't want it to show 11900-odd miles already. Comes with sensors for the temp gauges, a speedo cable suitable for a type 9 gearbox, and bulbs for the internal illumination (one bulb and holder is missing though, sorry.).

£100 for the complete set

gauges 1
gauges 1

gauges 2
gauges 2

gauges 3
gauges 3

Caterham ARB - widetrack width, "Green" specification. Unused, but powder coat is a bit scratched. £47 new, so....

£30 seems fair?

ARB
ARB

All prices plus p&p at cost.
Cash on collection preferred for everything (mainly because I hate wrapping parcels!), especially for heavy stuff that'll give the postie a hernia. Free cup of tea and a biscuit for all collection items by way of incentive.

Tom

[Edited on 4/5/11 by djtom]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Ben_Copeland

posted on 3/5/11 at 04:36 AM Reply With Quote
Rover injectors please. Can you u2u me approx location in tunbridge wells see if I can collect

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Daddylonglegs

posted on 3/5/11 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
u2u re: heater

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

djtom

posted on 3/5/11 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
U2Us replied to

Tom

jossey

posted on 3/5/11 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
can i have the roll bar if it fits my standard book (ron champion) chassis?

Cheers U2u sent.

can you post though if possible?

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speedstar

posted on 3/5/11 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
Can I have first refusal on the oil cooler, gearbox and vice. Need to double check with team mates before committing but am after a long 1st gear type9!!
djtom

posted on 3/5/11 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Quick update....

Vice provisionally sold to Imp Paul (pending payment)

Roll bar provisionally sold to Jossey (pending measurements and agreement of postage cost)

Rover injectors provisionally sold to Ben Copeland (pending collection arrangements / payment)

Speedstar wants oil cooler and gearbox pending consultation with team mates - I'll hold these for him until tomorrow am pending a response (unless anyone turns up with loys of cash in the meantime!)

From a highly scientific twist of the input shaft, I believe the box has a 3.36:1 first gear, and from a quick google search it looks like you just need to swap the tail housing for a normal 2wd one to turn it into a 2wd "close ratio" box.

Heater still available as Daddylonglegs has withdrawn interest.

Tom

djtom

posted on 3/5/11 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Pedal box cover now sold,

hogman

posted on 5/5/11 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
£5 for the fog light? Not sure 100% it will suit but will take it for £5.
Cheers
Kevin

Hugh_

posted on 5/5/11 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Tom could I have second dibs on the vice please if it falls through.
Cheers
Hugh

djtom

posted on 5/5/11 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Hugh, the vice is yours if you want it, Paul pulled out and I've heard nothing back from Speedstar.
U2U me to arrange collection / postage / payment

Hogman, sorry, no deal at £5.

Rover injectors sold to Ben

Cheers,
Tom

[Edited on 5/5/11 by djtom]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.