Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sobering Bike / Car Impact Test
scootz

posted on 3/8/11 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Sobering Bike / Car Impact Test

I've seen the end result of a few of these in real life... not pretty!

Linky

It's Evolution Baby!

Antnicuk

posted on 3/8/11 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
we had a case a few weeks ago where a car pulled out in front of a 900 cc triumph, which was stolen and going very fast, it T boned the car and the passenger died at the scene, the motorcycle rider was seriously injured but lived, although last i heard was going to lose his arm. The car driver had moderate injuries. Typical, if it was me on my bike i'd have been dead, the sh1tbags always seem to survive........

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

mistergrumpy

posted on 3/8/11 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
^That! You just can't seem to kill em!!
wylliezx9r

posted on 3/8/11 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
I once did that but ended up going over the bonnet of the car, how lucky was I, really makes you think.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

blakep82

posted on 3/8/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
similar thing happened in town yesterday actually, road was closed from 10.30 - 4.30.
ex-copper (recently retired) was caning it along the main road, round a gentle corner, don't know how fast exactly, but took the car to the garage which is on the corner, speaking to them in there, reckon about 50-60mph on a 30mph road

meanwhile, other side of the corner, older man in a merc looks, nothing coming so turns across the road into a side street, bike comes out the corner, can't do anything to stop, whacks the front of the car, comes off, and straight into a skip left at the side of the road...

biker is apparently 'alright' but his legs were mangled, reckons he won't be walking again.
silly boy...

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/264724-motorcyclist-seriously-injured-in-mercedes-crash/

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Ninehigh

posted on 4/8/11 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Moral of the story? Don't trust anyone not to jump out in front of you, and don't drive faster than you can stop

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.