Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tesco bank
A1

posted on 16/7/12 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Tesco bank

hey folks, has anyone had any dealings with tesco bank? im looking for good and bad, everything in between!

cheers

mcerd1

posted on 16/7/12 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
got the car and home insurance with them (I think its all run by tesco bank these days....)

just the usial hassle at renewal time - they put the price up, I tell them I'll go elsewhere, they drop the price...
other than that I've not had any issues

looked at the savings rates they do, but ended up using nationwide instead because they had much better rates

[Edited on 16/7/2012 by mcerd1]

-

40inches

posted on 16/7/12 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Tesco Bank is serviced by RBS, if that makes a differance?

bowood14

posted on 16/7/12 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
We used them for a while 6 or so years ago because you can paystuff in when shopping but they kept making mistakes and losing cheques.
Slimy38

posted on 16/7/12 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
I have a savings account and a credit card with them. In terms of being able to use it to store money, it's fine. In terms of being able to administer the accounts online, it's a complete b***ch. There is far too much to remember for each account, from memory you have;

Username/password for your user
Unique key and word for your user
Unique key and word for each account
A 'keycard' physical device for each account.
Activation codes at each stage.
Postal deliveries for each new account you add to your user.

And if at any stage you forget something, you have to start from scratch. It's the postal bit that got me irked, having to wait two weeks between creating an account and activating an account meant that I had to write down everything that I needed to access the account. Which defies the point of having security!!

It took me about six months to get access to the balance of my savings account, only to realise that the direct debit I'd set up had failed and I'd missed five months worth of transfers.

loggyboy

posted on 16/7/12 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Have had a couple of loans with them over the past few years, gave favourable rates and never had concerns. Just taken a CC out with them too to take advantage of 0% purchases for 18 months.

Mistral Motorsport

markyb

posted on 16/7/12 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
Tesco Bank is serviced by RBS, if that makes a differance?

AFAIK Tesco applied and got its own banking licence and bought out RBS's share so they are now officially a stand alone operation (dont know if that makes it better or worse

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.