Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DPD failure - have you received something unexpected?
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 3/1/13 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
DPD failure - have you received something unexpected?

It's a long shot, but you never know on here.

My Pipercross Shop delivery (a 600 sausage and a backplate) has been delivered to a "MARK MANKIWSKYJ" today, or so it was signed. If you're on here, please drop a line to DPD (or let me know) so that things can be sorted quickly.

DPD were kind enough to inform me by email this morning that there was no-one at the delivery address today at 09:10 and a card had been left. I replied at 09:40 that there was (and had been) someone waiting and that no card had been left. I am then told at 10:47 that my package had been delivered......!

It would now be good to find out where and to whom!!!!!!!!

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 3/1/13 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Almost as good as Yodel then! If it actually arrives (typical driver "no-one in - carded" trick) then it's damaged bcause it's been launched into and out of vans.

As a previous delivery driver, I have worked for a lot of companies and find the attitide of a lot of them to be severly lacking in care. In some cases understandably by the way they're treated, but still no excuse.

PS - hope your parts turn up!

[Edited on 3/1/13 by Charlie_Zetec]

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 3/1/13 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Looking at some of the DPD 'reviews', it appears I am not alone. Hopefully during the office hours available tommorrow, I'll be able to have some praise. Last communication from DPD was to request some details from Pipercross, can't see anything happening for a while.

It's not just that Mark has my filter (apparently), that can be rectified, a mistake has been made. In my professional capacity, a mistake isn't a problem, rectifying it is paramount. What I absolutely can't excuse is being lied to, at that point, customer reconciliation is more difficult.

Daddylonglegs

posted on 3/1/13 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
DPD suck! along with several others now too! I had a delivery fail twice with DPD using the old ' no-one in' trick then delivery refused - really? not sure who refused it! The company ended up sending it next-day for no charge with UPS instead. Unfortunately, I went through parcel2Go and they cannot choose who they use to send the parcel otherwise companies like DPD would not last 5 minutes.

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

coozer

posted on 3/1/13 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Happened to me a while ago... I was expecting a parcel from DPD.. so I was in the garage with the door wide open.. you need to come down the drive to get to the front door..

Short while later I went inside to get a coffee, and there on the mat... was a no-one-in card.. He must have climbed the garden wall or sneaked along next doors path then ran off..

Took another two days for the parcel to arrive back at the depot for me to collect....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

James

posted on 3/1/13 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
And this is why I think the Royal Mail is so brilliant and we lose it at our peril!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

clairetoo

posted on 3/1/13 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
And this is why I think the Royal Mail is so brilliant and we lose it at our peril!!!

Even the Royal mail has its faults - I've watched the parcel van turn up outside , waited while the guy filled in the card - then opened the door just as he put the `no one at home' card through the letterbox

Turned out he didnt even have the parcel with him , he just assumed I would be at work

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Slimy38

posted on 3/1/13 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
quote:
Originally posted by James

Even the Royal mail has its faults - I've watched the parcel van turn up outside , waited while the guy filled in the card - then opened the door just as he put the `no one at home' card through the letterbox

Turned out he didnt even have the parcel with him , he just assumed I would be at work

Royal Mail have done that with me as well. I saw him walk up and not knock, but hang around for a bit longer than I expected. So I opened the door to him and he was filling in a card. The parcel was back in his van at the end of the road, he couldn't be bothered to carry it.

steve m

posted on 3/1/13 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
I dont have any bad experiances with a courier, but can comment on the Royal mail

our postman, has been a normal postie for a good few years, and is a real nice guy, also lives in the next neighbour hood
If we are out, he will deliver any parcels to my daughters house, and vice versa,

not only that, he is now part of our eyes and ears of the local neighbour watch scheme,

he gets a bottle of wine from us at xmas, as he really is a good guy

billy big skid

posted on 3/1/13 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Having been in the parcel game, i can say that they are all the same. Having seen how things are handled i dread sending anything valuable.

I stick to Royal Mail these days and ask for stuff to be sent by them. The main reason is that there's normally no-one in when we get deliveries, but the depot is only 3 miles away so we can nip down on a Saturday morning and pick them up.

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 3/1/13 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
So what is it that drives this 'don't deliver and run away' mentality?

Is it the pressure of the number of drops scheduled for these guys?

rgrs

posted on 3/1/13 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Could be worse could be city-link, first they lost a parcel 1 of 2 on the same delivery, wouldn't mind but the one they lost was a 2m high hot water tank !
When they 'found' it it Arrived damaged. Having just got my telephone bill for calls to them totalling over £45 virtually all spent on hold !

Just had email notification that they have left a new stainless sink by the back door, only question now is who's back door ?

Rant over

Roger

FazerBob

posted on 3/1/13 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
I dont have any bad experiances with a courier, but can comment on the Royal mail

our postman, has been a normal postie for a good few years, and is a real nice guy, also lives in the next neighbour hood
If we are out, he will deliver any parcels to my daughters house, and vice versa,

not only that, he is now part of our eyes and ears of the local neighbour watch scheme,

he gets a bottle of wine from us at xmas, as he really is a good guy

similar situation here. ~We have had 3 posties over the last 10 years. All have been outstanding. Always knew who was at work, who is away on holiday etc. Better than neighbourhood watch.
We don't go to work until 4pm so we often take in parcels for the neighbours. A bottle of wine accompanies a £10 tip at Christmas - only works out at 25p per week, and worth every penny.

Bob

coozer

posted on 7/1/13 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Well today I was expecting City Link to come collect 3 parcels to go to fellow LCB'ers..

Van pulls up, dude walks halfway down the drive, turns round and goes back, I open the door just see him drive off.. couple yours later I get a email saying 'collection point closed'

So now I have to wait in for another day to see if they can be arsed

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

coyoteboy

posted on 8/1/13 at 01:13 AM Reply With Quote
I had a royal mail cracker a while back.

Item delivered, package ripped and part of it missing. Phoned up to report it missing/claim, got told to fill in forms. Filled in forms, sent them back. Got a letter back asking for the original packaging to be sent in to them for inspection, so I did after photographing it, I sent it via royal mail recorded/signed for. It got delivered.

No news for months, so I rang them back and asked. Apparently the package containing the remains of the package that got lost, got lost.

My postie will get a tip the day he learns not to walk across my garden leaving the front gate open (and not even taking a shorter route!), doesn't leave cards when I'm sat on the other side of the door and doesn't drop highly valuable parcels with my questionable neighbours. I'm more than happy to collect it if im not in, please don't leave them with folk I don't know.
I'm not keen on people knowing when I'm not in either, postie or not.

[Edited on 8/1/13 by coyoteboy]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.