Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: Volkswagen T4 campervan (possible tow car?)
jps

posted on 14/8/14 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
FS: Volkswagen T4 campervan (possible tow car?)

My father-in-law is selling his Volkswagen T4 campervan so I thought i'd post it on here - incase anyone is on the lookout for something to use for trackday trips / travelling around to race meetings etc?

It's a Volkswagen T4, long wheelbase, 1.9 Diesel, 'Y' reg (2001). When my father in law bought it it looked as though it had done service as some kind of executive taxi as it was fitted with leather seats throughout. He's stripped it out and fitted a sink/hob unit, toilet and a sofa that folds out to a double bed. The front passenger seat has been converted to a 'captains chair' and another pair of seats remain - with a small fold out table.

Currently on about 170,000 miles it has a full service history up to 160,000 miles.

He had the cambelt changed and the water pump replaced when he bought it (a couple of thousand miles ago) - and fitted 4 new tyres. It hasn't done much mileage since - i'd guess a couple of thousand max.

It has a towbar fitted and, though I couldn't find the info in the handbook, assume it has a decent towing capacity - so could handle a trailer and kit car...

Generally the bodywork looks to be in good nick. There are a couple of bits of rust coming through - on the drivers side near the bottom of the windscreen and a patch on the top of the sill under the drivers door (i.e. the bit you'd step on as you got into the van).

It has MOT and tax until the end of the year.

Van is in Colchester, Essex

Sign in the back window says £6500, but he's open to offers!

Pics:

Interior_3
Interior_3

[Edited on 14/8/14 by jps]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Sadsy

posted on 17/8/14 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a bargain, i have one of these and that price is very good. id expect you could get more or even get that amount from a dealer. Lovely Van GLWTS
jps

posted on 28/9/14 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Sadsy - no interest so far - so it's now on eBay: eBay Item
jps

posted on 26/10/14 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jps
Thanks Sadsy - no interest so far - so it's now on eBay: eBay Item

Still for sale and, thanks to someone coming to view it and who read the paperwork more carefully that my father in law, it's now correctly listed as a 2.5!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.