Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Positive about Avon ?
tomakarl

posted on 19/12/02 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Positive about Avon ?

Doesn't anyone have something positve to say about the tiger avon kit?
I was planning to buy a full avon kit next spring, but when I read all your comments I don't know if I dare to do that. Aspecially when I live in Sweden, it's a bit to far to the factory with the problems. So, should i by a kit????
Please, answer you how have built a full Avon kit.

David Jenkins

posted on 20/12/02 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
If it's true about Tiger and their fondness for litigation in cases of criticism, then I shall choose my next words carefully...

Look at the available suppliers of 7-style cars, and evaluate the opinions stated by their customers. You have heard various things said about Tiger Avons, so you can make your own mind up.

Look through the archives and evaluate customer's comments about MK, Luego and Stuart Turner products.

Personally, my choice would be easy!

rgds,

David
PS: my choice would be MK or Luego...

gjn200

posted on 20/12/02 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
I've got the chassis and its fine, their customer service with me has been fine, but this could be that i always go to see them in person.

Graham

eenud

posted on 22/12/02 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Only one?

My chassis will be ready for collection at the begining of the year and I have found them very helpful to date. It is a bit concerning that very few people are satisfied with the package. Could it be that Tiger are not used to the "Locost ideology" yet? It would be reasuring if any builders who have not yet made comment do so, especially if it makes me feel better!!!!!
westindy

posted on 22/12/02 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Avon Positive?

Go go or a MK Indy the Quality of the Chassis build is fantastic. I own a Indy and a Westfield and the Indy is far more fun to drive. The Avon look cheap to me!!
hge00huw

posted on 8/3/03 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
It's not that bad

I've almost completed the tiger avon and it's looking quite good. Built from kit. Only criticism is the grp needs a lot of adjusting to make it fit.
mikieo

posted on 23/8/03 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
Confused !

I was all set on buying a avon low cost, but now I'm having major second thought ! - I'll admit I'm a novice to this and I've never heard of the INDY - but it seems that a lot of people rate it highly ! I want a 7 look-a-like....
chrisg

posted on 23/8/03 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
MK Indy

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

carlgeldard

posted on 23/8/03 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
I can be positive about the Avon it is the best thing i have done in a long time and it has what it takes to be a dam good car I would do exactly the same again. But there are quite a lot of problems to be overcome. This build can be quite challenging at times but this is all down to the fact that the avon is still quite a new kit and needs devlopment .There are quite a lot of builders out there now only to happy to offer advice and assistance if and when you need it. You should also try this other site
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/tigerracing/
As for my build this has been a DIY job from the book How To Build A Tiger Avon and can not comment fully on the Tiger Product. But what I will say you get what you pay for and just do it and enjoy the challange

mikieo

posted on 26/8/03 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe I need some hands on ! is there anyone in near nantwich / crewe (northwest) who would not mind me having a closer look at either a INDY or AVON ? - would appreciate it... ta or any northwest kit clubs ??
Northy

posted on 26/8/03 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Well I like my Avon, but I'm too far away

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mok

posted on 27/8/03 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
positive about avon

A good start is to buy the book "build your own tiger.... and then compare with others,
If you live in Sweden as i am you probably want to shift sides for the steering and a good idea is to let tiger do that.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.