Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: kart seats - anyone used 'em?
jimmyjonga

posted on 13/7/05 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
kart seats - anyone used 'em?

hi all

has anyone used kart seats in their car?? wondered if they are a viable alternative or if i should just go and buy some 'proper' ones (ie some like the mk variety)

chrisf

posted on 13/7/05 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
I've got them. I like them well enough but spending what I did, I would consider proper seats in the future.

The seats are very low in the back, but they are also very snug and stiff. Look here and here for pics. I can take some pics of the seats installed if you'd like.

--Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 13/7/05 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
you can get talller backed tillet or calibra kart seats, but the taller backed ones are used in gearbox karts and are often reclined back at quite an angle, so not sure how easy to fit at a proper height they would be.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 13/7/05 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a pair of 'super7's that i 'm not going to use now, cost me 50 quid,same to you if ya want em, will provide photo's first though

Jason

jimmyjonga

posted on 13/7/05 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
possibly minterested there - can you post/ email a photo??
cheers
james

Deckman001

posted on 13/7/05 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
yep will do !!
Jason
Pics sent

oops, hope you have B/Band !!

[Edited on 13/7/05 by Deckman001]

RazMan

posted on 14/7/05 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
I was looking at some kart seats because I needed the 'laid back' position (low roof) In the end I got a pair of Lotus Elise seats (complete with inflatable lumbar supports ) which seem to be about as low as you can go with comfort.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

DarrenW

posted on 15/7/05 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
i would have thought kart seats are for karts just the same as bike engines should be just for bikes!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.