Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GSXr 600 v 750 T/B's
blockhead_rich

posted on 5/11/05 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
GSXr 600 v 750 T/B's

Quick answer req'd.

Are 600 throttle boddies Ok for use on a 4AGE or should I go for 750's? And is there any particular year or model I should aim for?

Also has anyone got any recommendations re ECU's. Omex v Emerald v Maegasquirt? Where is the best place to get them from and what's the going rate?

Thanks in advance Guy's
Rich

Ben Smith

posted on 5/11/05 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Rich,

600's will be fine. This is what I put on my 4age. I ran this with an omex ecu and uprated cams. The engine made 161bhp on Mech Repairs rolling road in Cheltenham.

Ben.

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 5/11/05 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
have you seen the article from ppc about the throttle boddies? It gives all the sizes and power recomendations. Really good read! Also read the info on the Jenvey site it gives power output related to TB diameterJenvey

The megasquirt forum has this stick thread on the subject

sticky thread

I plan on using Emerald, when i can afford it. Yesterday was an expensive one for the car!!!

But If you are that way inclined megasquirt N Edis is a cheaper way. However the new K2 emerald ECU I think is £380 plus VAT which isn't too bad but you might need a £200 mapping session afterwoods, but i would imagine emerald would have a pretty good base map for a 4AGE with boddies so you may not need the mapping session

[Edited on 5/11/05 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.