Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Thanks to MK
Hellfire

posted on 1/5/06 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks to MK

After a great weekend at Stoneleigh and without wanting to sound soft, I would like to give a massive thanks to Martin, Charlie, Phil, Baz and everyone else involved at MK Engineering and now MK Sportscars (Past and present). They should all, rightly feel extremely proud about what they have achieved over the years in the kit car industry - culminating in 30+ MK's all in one place at Stoneleigh this weekend.

Without their expertise, none of us would have had - and continue to have - such a great time. Not only this weekend but since birth of the Indy and GT's.

It would be great to better this figure at the remaining shows this year. So come on, pull your fingers out and make an even bigger effort to get more MK's at future shows. There's loads more out there.

Phil

graememk

posted on 1/5/06 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
i'll make sure i get mine sva'ed for newark mr hllfire
zxrlocost

posted on 1/5/06 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
and ill be there

WIDOWR1

with me colour Magic

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

jacko

posted on 1/5/06 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
And Me
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
block

posted on 1/5/06 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Couldnt agree more Phil. Spoke to Martin on the pitch, and he said, and i quote, " It makes me proud to see all these MKs", or words very similar. Great collection of cars, could do with seeing more of the 'Gran Tourismo' schemed GT1 found on the 'Italian replica' pitch, looked very nice. Mad Dave, post the pictures.
bob

posted on 1/5/06 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Nice post phil

With 30 odd cars there sunday i have a feeling it would be best if i give newark promotions a call tomorow and see if they can give the lads a bit more room.

The pitch at newark in the past has allowed 20+ well parked cars,wasnt there last year so cant comment.

ned

posted on 1/5/06 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
i blame all those bike engines bob, they just can't reverse park neatly

was a good turnout and the new chassis looked good, i'm just curious whether its slightly heavier than the current one as there seems to be more tube + rockers for the front suspension on it, but looks a bit more sorted and stiffer imho - nice one!

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mandbsheldon

posted on 1/5/06 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Here Here,

Can't wait for Newark!
Please, please make it Sunday.

Leigh

Jon Ison

posted on 1/5/06 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Well I cant speak highly enough of any of the MK team, past and present, I have received nothing but help and great service from all of them.
MK continues too offer nothing but help and assistance whenever I call on him (even though I've butchered one of his chassis and fitted a.n.others bodywork and the same can be said of Phil and Baz whenever I drop in on them, top blokes one and all, great products too.
Must not forget Snoopy either, always a wealth of useful info and tips.
Just dunno where I'm gonna park the car at a show when it finally hits the road again, and whet too call it too ?

As the title says, "thanks"

Guinness

posted on 1/5/06 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Jon

Isonstein!

Mike

addison

posted on 1/5/06 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hi All, Just a quick post to say thank you to everybody who turned up on the m.k. sportscars stand and m.k. club stand.
You all made my day.
best regards martin m.k.

dilley

posted on 1/5/06 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
great weekend, camped on site deffinatley had toooo much to drink!!!!!ill be at newark.
donut

posted on 1/5/06 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Hear hear to Hellfires post!!

What a great day!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

richardR1

posted on 1/5/06 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Got to agree with all the above sentiments. Been a pleasure dealing with all the MK folks all the way through from initial visit to completed SVA. I will be there in mine at Newark for a crackin display.

MK Owners Club Member 1015

welderman

posted on 1/5/06 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Same goes for me, all MK people past and present.
Thank you all.

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

TimC

posted on 2/5/06 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
Have never met Martin before - what a bloody nice bloke!

Grahame L

posted on 2/5/06 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds as though you all had a great day!! Wish I could have been there, and hope to be at Newark, if the re-build goes well!!
Taz Surfleet

posted on 2/5/06 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Now I feel guilty for not having finished it yet !! maybe at Newark but dont hold ya breath
GEORGE80

posted on 2/5/06 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
i 'll be going too!
greamemk has asked me if i wanna do a convoy with him and he's asking ash3 too so we can probably meet up with your big convoy somwhere

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.