Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Part Built MK Whats it worth?
nib1980

posted on 1/6/06 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Part Built MK Whats it worth?

Hello All,

I know this was shown earlier today, and got a bad review. But my questions is is it worth anything at all, as a starting point for me?

If so what value would you give it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/kit-car-mk-not-dax-westfeild-low-cost_W0QQitemZ4645464826

Many thanks in advance

mookaloid

posted on 1/6/06 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
It's not so much a question of how much is it worth, it's more a question of is the chassis (if it home built) worth trying to use at all? If it has not been well built i.e. is the welding good, is it straight etc? then it would mean buying a new chassis from MK probably and transferring the bits over. in that case it is not much more than a donor.

Cheers

Mark

richijenkin

posted on 1/6/06 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
He wants over a grand for it!! MK's standard kit with upto-date chassis and fibreglass is only £1493.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smart51

posted on 1/6/06 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
If it is an MK indy with donor parts and "most other parts to finish" then it will be worth the cost of a donor plus half the cost of the kit plus half the cost of the other parts - the cost to you of double checking the work done so far - the cost of putting right the work done so far - the cost of putting right the damage cause in making that big rusty puddle in the chassis.

I nearly bought a part built kit but only because it was cheap.

If you want to build, it is better to start from new. If you don't want to build, buy one that is finished. The reason to buy a part built is because it is cheap. Is this cheap enough for you?

Hellfire

posted on 1/6/06 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
IMO thats not a genuine MK Indy Chassis! T
he rear brace around the diff has been messed with (not usual MK bending). Also the seatbelt retaining lugs have no bracing (SVA Fail) I'd be asking why?

It's likely that the either the Chassis is a copy or it's a very early one which I have no experience of.

Steve

nib1980

posted on 1/6/06 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
well many thanks to you all, looks like i'll carry on saving my money, and make a trip to MK in the near future
auzziejim

posted on 1/6/06 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire Also the seatbelt retaining lugs have no bracing (SVA Fail) I'd be asking why?

eh mine aint braced and i picked mine up from mk myself

do i need to strike the welder ip this weekend now?

john_p_b

posted on 2/6/06 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by auzziejim
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire Also the seatbelt retaining lugs have no bracing (SVA Fail) I'd be asking why?

eh mine aint braced and i picked mine up from mk myself

do i need to strike the welder ip this weekend now?

mine didn't have them either, i believe my chassis to be from late 2003 (bought the kit part built) only took 5 minutes to weld in some fillets to brace it a bit. i understand some sva places aren't bothered but i did mine anyway.

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

Mansfield

posted on 2/6/06 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Invalid item, not seen this before.
zxrlocost

posted on 2/6/06 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
thats because an item has been removed

most likey because he put dax and westfield in the title

or it was as it looked a piece of shite

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

auzziejim

posted on 3/6/06 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/kit-car-mk-not-dax-locost-westfeild_W0QQitemZ4646081504QQcategoryZ100921QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
zxrlocost

posted on 3/6/06 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
ITS NOT AN MK ITS AN MK BODY SET THATS IT

put it this way if thats his efforts at taking pics and presenting something for sale then Id love to see his home made chassis

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.