Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another message for Triton!
salexander

posted on 20/6/06 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Another message for Triton!

Sent a couple of emails and U2Us with no response. I really, really would like to buy some nice narrow, low-side seats from you but need to know prices and some idea of when they would be available. Otherwise I will have to go elsewhere which would be a shame, the seats look excellent. I would even be happy with just one seat - I don't really need two for my sprint car
Avoneer

posted on 20/6/06 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Ere we go again........

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
muzchap

posted on 20/6/06 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Some reputable suppliers:

MAC#1 Motorsports - do perhaps the sexiest seat IMHO on the market:

0114 2619633

They also do a fatboy version

Or MK Sportscars - they do one very similar to Tritons.

Basically - Tritons been having a few personal problems and seeing as it's only him - things get delayed.

This normally isn't a problem - but he's also got internet problems which stop him advising you of the delays etc.

So if you want your seats within 3 months - I'd check out the above

------------------------------------
If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!

timf

posted on 20/6/06 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
[LOOK being the operative word here, there are PROVEN quality issues,delivery delays,and blatens lies told to his customers , and thats happening to am lot of customers I could list too not just me. So presonally from my experience and the growing list of others who have had problems too, I would say go to a reputable supplier.

Mind you that just my opinion and experience and others, emails & u2u's from others with problems, which according to some on here a personal opinion is a thing your not supposed to have.

Regards

same could be said for gts but we won't get into that one will we

A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him."
- Sir Winston S. Churchill, 1952

muzchap

posted on 20/6/06 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Come on guys - lets not start this debate again.

The guy asked specifically about seats - CalvinX specifically responded about seats.

Nobody mentioned GTS or other companies etc etc..

I've offered the guy some alternatives to Triton if he so wishes and he's now fully aware of the situation he faces - he can order some of Tritons nice seats and expect a delay, or he can order from another supplier and hopefully not experience any delay...

Let's just leave it at that ?

PLEASE

Cheers

MuzChap

If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!

salexander

posted on 20/6/06 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I do know that Triton has had probs. but I have been happy to pursue some seats on the basis that the price is good and presumably Mark would like some income!

However, another opportunity presented itself today and I have bought an alternative.

dozracing

posted on 20/6/06 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
We have a few deals on seats at the moment.

The website is a bit out of date. £75 per seat, i'll take some pics for you tomorrow if you are interested. They are as you describe (Caterham R500 style).

We have them 50% made at the moment, and plenty of them. They only need trimming and bonding. Approx. delivery time of 10 days i would think.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
the_fbi

posted on 20/6/06 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dozracing
We have a few deals on seats at the moment.

The website is a bit out of date. £75 per seat, i'll take some pics for you tomorrow if you are interested. They are as you describe (Caterham R500 style).

We have them 50% made at the moment, and plenty of them. They only need trimming and bonding. Approx. delivery time of 10 days i would think.

Kind regards,

Darren

Pics on this thread or emailed to chris@chrismobile.com much appreciated

Are they double skinned as per Tritons or?

ta
Chris

Winston Todge

posted on 20/6/06 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Received my seats from Triton last week earlier than expected and in perfect condition.

Excellent price and quality.

Get over it.

Tangerine Scream

posted on 20/6/06 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Is that £75 each for the ones that used to be £115 ???
(The uncovered Martin Sportscars ones)

If that's the case, I'd be tempted to dump my gaffa taped PU bum shaped seat

Apologies for hijacking(ish) the thread

Triton

posted on 20/6/06 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
quote:
Originally posted by salexander
the seats look excellent.

LOOK being the operative word here, there are PROVEN quality issues,delivery delays,and blatens lies told to his customers , and thats happening to am lot of customers I could list too not just me. So presonally from my experience and the growing list of others who have had problems too, I would say go to a reputable supplier.

Mind you that just my opinion and experience and others, emails & u2u's from others with problems, which according to some on here a personal opinion is a thing your not supposed to have.

Regards

Deary me you really should get out more

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Fozzie

posted on 20/6/06 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Can't claim to be neutral anymore, as I am now the proud owner of a pair of Tritons Wide-Boys.

As a customer I will say that my order arrived on time, they are indeed most excellent, better than I could ever have hoped for.

If you do have to wait for your seats because Triton has loads of orders for that particular version, all I can say is, well worth the wait!

Fozzie
Another very satisfied 'Triton' customer

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

ned

posted on 21/6/06 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
the comments by calvin and opportunism of Darren (who i thought had stopped posting on here?) seems ever so coincidental and a bit out of order imho given the history and circumstances between the two parties.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

Jumpy Guy

posted on 21/6/06 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
I also noticed that Triton is a registered trader on the site, so actually contributes something towards the upkeep of this site..

Recently i've noticed that some others seem happy to make money from the site, but contribute nothing at all..

Bear that in mind when you part with your hard earned.

btw.. i have no connection with Triton (other than being a customer ) or MNR or GTS or anyone

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.