Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Applying for sva etc.
Danozeman

posted on 17/7/06 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Applying for sva etc.

What do i need?? Iv got the Sva1 form off the website. What else do i need to do/send off?

Do i need an inspection aswell or what??

Any advice muchly appreciated... Need this booked pronto if the summer drivings going to be caught!!

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

JohnN

posted on 17/7/06 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
The fee would be handy
r3nuf

posted on 17/7/06 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Dan,

Even though other locals have had different experience's......I popped into the DVLA office at Ipswich to hand over a letter requesting my proposed VIN number and a pre-registration inspection.

Luckily the Inspection officer who deals with amateur build registrations was in the office. I was taken into the interview room and we had a helpful chat!

Unfortunately, because my proposed VIN number was made up and i did not have an official Luego chassis number (documented on the chassis receipt) the officer proceeded to issue me with a local VIN. Not a major problem to me, but a different story to others that i have read.

He then continued to go through my info and suggested that an age related plate will be on offer. I asked if he was going to carry out an inspection of my car prior to SVA, with the thought that this would speed up registration as and when i pass SVA. However, he has suggested that he didnt want to do that, and that i should ring him once i have passed and he is normally in my area on a Thursday, when he would inspect. He would then process the registration application the following day.

So here i am, sitting here filling in my SVA form tonight, looking for a test in August sometime.

Cheers

Gary

Drive Fast....Brake Late....Take Chances

jonbeedle

posted on 18/7/06 at 12:39 AM Reply With Quote
Dan,
You need a chassis number (VIN) I made one up using my name and birthday. It has to be 17 digits. I 'phoned Jo Langridge at DVLA Ipswich who deals with kit cars and other oddballs. She works between 10am and 2pm. She sent me all the relevant forms etc. I filled in my made up number and sent it to her for approval. Once the number is approved you include it when you fill in your SVA application which you then send to VOSA along with your 150 quid. You best get in quick because I was told my retest wouldn't be until the end of August at Norwich if I hadn't been lucky enough to get a cancellation. Once you pass you call DVLA again at Ipswich and ask for Gary who will come out and inspect your car which he is doing for me on Wednesday. By rights I should have sent my paperwork, including my application for first registration (V55 I think) together with my MAC 1 certificate to DVLA but Gary said he would sort it all out when he gets here. Then if all is in order I'll get my reg' number a couple of days later.
I take it you come under Ipswich DVLA.
Any questions give me a bell. U2U me if you can't remember my number.
Cheers
Jon

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 18/7/06 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonbeedle
Dan,
It has to be 17 digits. I 'phoned Jo Langridge at DVLA Ipswich who deals with kit cars and other oddballs. She works between 10am and 2pm. She sent me all the relevant forms etc. I filled in my made up number and sent it to her for approval. Once the number is approved you include it when you fill in your SVA application which you then send to VOSA along with your 150 quid.

I contacted my local office and they said VIn has to be between 9 and 17 digits, some letters not allowed - they are listed if your search for it.

I also sent in my proposed number they said it was unique at the time but there is no guaratnee ti will be when I send the SVA form. So a bit pointlless really.

I chose a shorter number on the SVA form - will see what happens.

Danozeman

posted on 24/7/06 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Do i need an mot aswell as sva then?

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.