Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Flying 3!
quinnj3

posted on 31/7/06 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Flying 3!

Ok is this a car forum or what? Just thought that i'd put up this link to the red bull air race website. Seen this show in Tipperary last year, weather was bad but what these guys do to aeroplanes i previously only thought was possible in models. They are pulling 10 or 11 g's in these things in the tightest turns. Really impressive!

not another aeroplane link!

[Edited on 31/7/06 by quinnj3]

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

David Jenkins

posted on 31/7/06 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Your link doesn't work - not enough wubblewes - try this one

LINKY

[Edited on 31/7/06 by David Jenkins]

quinnj3

posted on 31/7/06 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for that link now fixed

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

donut

posted on 31/7/06 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
They do that in London apparently!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
skydivepaul

posted on 31/7/06 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
I have got my ticket for this yars red bull air race. its at Longleat park and it costs £35.00 per car (up to 8 people).
looking forward to it, these guys are nutters.

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

Mark18

posted on 31/7/06 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Went to see them in tipp too, we didn't have to come from nearly as far as Omagh though. I remember the dreaful weather meant there was only 20 mins of action - can't say I was disappointed though it was utterly amazing, we had a great spot too, the planes went into a vertical climb right over our heads!

Mark

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
quinnj3

posted on 31/7/06 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
I we went down for the weekend and were standing close to the control tower. Got a really nice B&B in Tipp itself. Although the weather was s**** we had a good time. The way those aeroplanes were pitched and rolled was worth standing in the rain and to cap it all off the tickets were free!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.