Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sva and is it legal
graememk

posted on 2/12/06 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
sva and is it legal

ash3 (andy) and myself went to have a look at this mk indy last weekend for a fellow locost'er, now the advert the garage has says its registered yet is isnt. and as it is it wouldnt pass sva

now this isnt a big problem to sort out as its only a few wires that need tidying and a few bits of trim, how ever the brake pipes are all held on with tie wraps.

and the cars still registerd as ford sierra

do i let the garage know they are wrong in what they have advertised, tell the police, let calvinx call them or just let someone get ripped off.

heres the car Click me to see naughty ladies

[Edited on 2/12/06 by graememk]

James

posted on 2/12/06 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Let Calvin do it.... I'll enjoy the sport!

But make sure you record the call!

cheers,
James

P.S. And where were the naughty laydeees????

[Edited on 2/12/06 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

ab54666

posted on 2/12/06 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
I did make the guy an offer as to what I thought it was worth to me, as I wouldn't keep the engine and the work it needs, but I think my offer fell far short of what he wanted.
chockymonster

posted on 3/12/06 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
now the advert the garage has says its registered yet is isnt. and as it is it wouldnt pass sva

quote:

and the cars still registerd as ford sierra

I'm confused! Are you saying that all they've done is slap the donor reg onto the car and that's it?

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DIY Si

posted on 3/12/06 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Basically, yup! It was built by a local collage, so it's not been sva'd. Basically, they built it and juts put some new plates on it, so would require sva'ing and all the usual stuff.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

chockymonster

posted on 3/12/06 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
So surely the garage needs to be informed so they can stop selling an unroadworthy car?

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iiyama

posted on 4/12/06 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster
So surely the garage needs to be informed so they can stop selling an unroadworthy car?

Wouldnt think that it matters if its not road worthy, as long as they advertise that fact??

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

02GF74

posted on 4/12/06 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Westfield 1600 MK Indy 1597 Kit Car

Oh, that is well dodgy, they didn't have cars in 1597

Hellfire

posted on 4/12/06 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
The garage know that what they've got isn't a Ford Sierra and therefore not registered correctly and not legal to be driven on the road. Is the vehicle taxed and tested? Personally, I'd ask to see the V5 and point out to him that it isn't a Ford Sierra and see what he says before doing anything else.

Phil

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.