Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: agm wlr?
02GF74

posted on 11/1/07 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
agm wlr?

what's it like? any one got one of these? how much room is there for driver in the cokcpit (max height of dude be helpful),

that's all.

carlgeldard

posted on 11/1/07 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Think MK Indy and you're nearly there as they share the same chassis.

Carl

02GF74

posted on 11/1/07 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carlgeldard
Think MK Indy and you're nearly there as they share the same chassis.

yes, indded your right, so anyone gonna tell ne about room in mk indy? (don;t wantto make antoehr post )

zxrlocost

posted on 11/1/07 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
loads of room
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

02GF74

posted on 11/1/07 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
even for someone 6 ft 1in with long legs?
DarrenW

posted on 11/1/07 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
If arms are proportional to boby length (ie 1:1 or so) i guess seating position too would be an issue as either seat would have to be close that pedals would need to be just behind radiator, or wheel moved closer to body resulting in extensive search for suitable steering columns.

To combat seat height it could be placed on blocks but i fear a fail due to seat belt mounting position at SVA.

Thankfully im only disabled by an iron block

donut

posted on 11/1/07 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
If you have not been already, go to their website and watch the movie!

Awesome looking beast if you ask me!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 11/1/07 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
thaks for replies so far;
found diag. of my current seating positiong that is fine for me (lacking a bit in width though most of all aroundd steering column and pedals).

ned

posted on 11/1/07 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Shortie is 6'4" and fits his indy blade quite comfortably.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DIY Si

posted on 11/1/07 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
I'm 6'3" and weigh 15 stone so not overly skinny! I have my seat one or two notches forwards from fully back, and I have plenty of space in the foot well, as I have size 13 feet too.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

The Great Fandango

posted on 11/1/07 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
I went to the AGM 'factory' a little while back... The WLR is a real beast! (especially as AGM's chosen power unit is now BMW).

What you can't appreciate by looking at the video or photos is just how darn huge the car is - acres of fibre glass. I doubt it would have fitted in my standard garage.

The cockpit is well designed and there's a tonne of room both width ways and for your legs. The pedal box AGM uses is adjustable and you could fit pretty much any seat of your choice.

Of course the big downside is that you need crampons and a rope to climb over the side of the vehicle! Getting in aint easy but who buys a car like that for ergonomics? The side of the car seemed sturdy enough to take my 14st frame when climbing in.

There were two for sale on Pistonheads recently which I was kicking myself about:

AGM WLR (Cossie Road Car)

and

AGM WLR (V8 Track Racer)

I was too late by 12 hours on the track car. The new owner wanted to sell it to me with another grand slapped on for his troubles! The old owner said it really needed the handling sorting out. Apart from that and some body crazing it was a blimin' give away. Wished I'd been quicker... Actually I'll re-phrase that! I wish some idiot hadn't mucked me round with the sale of my Westfield!

I've heard they handle poorly and need a lot of attention to be competitive. I expect that's why the blue one has a dirty great spoiler.

AGM are based in Barnsley and worth a visit.

[Edited on 11/1/07 by The Great Fandango]

He Who Dies With The Most Toys Dies The Happiest

DIY Si

posted on 11/1/07 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
I think the blue one has the spoiler because it looks a bit chavved. NO car like that should have such silly wheels for a start!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

procomp

posted on 11/1/07 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hi the v8 race one turned up for 2-3 races and the driver was more than a little disapointed with the handeling and the response he had from the manufacturer so just put it up for sale after seeing what he was competing against.
Crazy Jay

posted on 19/1/07 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi the v8 race one turned up for 2-3 races and the driver was more than a little disapointed with the handeling and the response he had from the manufacturer so just put it up for sale after seeing what he was competing against.

Just found this thread and I too am interested in the agm. Procomp, could the handling be dodgy due to a heavy V8?
I reckon an M3 motor would be the ticket.
Tho im sure it;ll never be as quick round a track as the sprint R

[Edited on 19/1/07 by Crazy Jay]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.