Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Personal email from Tony Blair!
Humbug

posted on 21/2/07 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
Personal email from Tony Blair!

Yes, to me! in response to me being one of the petition signers. No doubt many of you will also be receiving the email, but here's the bit I ilke best:

"As my response makes clear, this is not about imposing "stealth taxes" or introducing "Big Brother" surveillance."

Of course not... at the moment, but once the technology is made mandatory, then how easy would it be for a change in government policy and oh yes, purely coincidentally, they decide that they could use it for other purposes?

ned

posted on 21/2/07 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
heard about this on the radio on the way in to work this morning, wondered how many of you would have the email..

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 21/2/07 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
I got it too. I feel so speacial

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

ch1ll1

posted on 21/2/07 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
And me too

Macbeast

posted on 21/2/07 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Well, that's ok then. I'm totally reassured.

"Pricing is not being forced on any area, but any schemes would teach us more about how road pricing would work..."

Already, Government money for transport improvements is being restricted to councils that are introducing some form of road pricing such as congestion charging.

"Existing technologies, such as mobile phones and pay-as-you-drive insurance schemes, may well be able to play a role here, by ensuring that the Government doesn't hold information about where vehicles have been. "

So the Government won't hold information about where you have been - commercial companies will do it for them.
Any bets on whether the Government will have access to that information ?

There was a discussion on Radio 4 yesterday about whether the Police would be able to access the fingerprints held in the national identity card register. The Government Minister's answer to that was no, of course not, the information would be held by the Identity and Passport Office - when pressed, she said oh yes, the police would be able to request the fingerprint data.

Two-faced, power-mad, all of them.

(edited to remove the word "liars" )

[Edited on 21/2/07 by Macbeast]

NS Dev

posted on 21/2/07 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
simple enough, vote the tossers out next time!

I certainly will not be voting labour, had enough of the meddling twats.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

3GEComponents

posted on 21/2/07 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
I did, still can't work out how you can come to power when only about 30% of the country vote for you!
Macbeast

posted on 21/2/07 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Can we report Tony Blair for spamming ?

macnab

posted on 21/2/07 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
That e-mail would have cost the country millions in lost business time, worst spam incident in Britain.

ditchlewis

posted on 21/2/07 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
i signed and got one too

Why oh Why do the government not face the truth that the car is here to STAY and people will never give up there personal space to travel on public transport.....

they should plan and build roads to cater for the increases.

they could encourage flexi time at work, working from home a couple of days a week, and MAKE car manufacturers to make eco friendly cars for us to buy.

I wonder what the performance would be with ethonol in the tank

Rant Over

Ditch

Agriv8

posted on 21/2/07 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I wonder what the performance would be with ethonol in the tank

Quite Good I belive Dave Walker ethonoling a porker in PPC - not hadd the BHp - next months issue .

Plan to do the same when I gat my MNR when aftermarket ecu hooked up ( and you can buy in Up north - think it equates to arround 102 to 104 ron but could be wrong.

regards

Agriv8

[Edited on 21/2/07 by Agriv8]

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

woodster

posted on 21/2/07 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Tony b liar worst PM EVER
mookaloid

posted on 21/2/07 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
I got mine

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Hammerhead

posted on 21/2/07 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
they charge us by the mile already, fuel duty!

They just see the car as a huge revenue making beast.
Someone should work out how much revenue is generated in a cars average lifetime (10 years?). So there would be the VAT when new (whats the average car price?) multiply by 12k miles per year and fuel duty on that.
Then road tax, etc etc. then multiply by how many cars on the road. Ohh yeah and average speed camera fines per vehicle.

It would be very interesting to discover a good estimation for total revenue per car, and campare it to spend on roads over the same period.

bobrailings

posted on 21/2/07 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
'Of course it would be ten years or more before any national scheme was technologically, never mind politically, feasible.'

and in 12 years change from miles to kilometres, charge the same pence per kilometre as per mile and the Government gets an immediate 60% increase in revenue.......cant wait

macnab

posted on 21/2/07 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodster

Yeah I think he's definitely stolen that title now from Thatcher. Should have been sent to the gallows by now, him and head case Bush. That pair seem quite content to send us all into WWIII.

woodster

posted on 21/2/07 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Iran next
macnab

posted on 21/2/07 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
yep, BOOOOOOMM!! Rescued attachment drive home.jpg
Rescued attachment drive home.jpg

JAG

posted on 21/2/07 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Well I hope you're all sending him your thoughts by return email, I have

With a bit of luck we'll crash the PM's personal web server and that will get even more News coverage.

Negative publicity is the only thing that will stop this plan or this Government.

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

coozer

posted on 21/2/07 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodster

Negative, Thatcher was by far the most damaging PM we have had as she started the wholesale dismantling of the community spirit we once had....

All to stop people gathering because sharing talk and opinions are dangerous things...

I look forward to the day she dies a long lingering death...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Jon Ison

posted on 21/2/07 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Lets chuck a spanner in............

How do you propose too cut down on congestion ?

macnab

posted on 21/2/07 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
get Tony Blair to drive a bus, more suited to that.

Macbeast

posted on 21/2/07 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
The only fair way to reduce congestion is to ration petrol/diesel fuel (with appropriate allowances for people who really need to use personal transport because there isn't any alternative). Any charging scheme hits the poor harder than the rich.

People say that rationing will create a black market but the people who will buy petrol on the black market are the same people who drive without tax and insurance now and who don't pay congestion charges or parking fines so catch them and put them in the crusher with the illegal car.

In reality, the Government would hate to see car usage decline because they would lose all the fuel tax and their answer is to control demand by artificially increasing the price. They know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

zxrlocost

posted on 21/2/07 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
One thing that I really love is how no one seems to like him yet hes gonna run the full term

Example its a bit like the bloke down the pub whos a tossa and everyone slags him off but as soon as he walks in through the door they crowd round him mothering him asking him how he is etc

ill never understand

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Jon Ison

posted on 21/2/07 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by macnab
get Tony Blair to drive a bus, more suited to that.

I don't think 60 million of us will fit on that bus.

It was a serious question, where are all (me included) quick too not want too pay more this, more that, but whats the answer ?

Did anyone see the tonight programme think it was Monday night, 8 out of the 10 where actually better off with the road charging, I'm not a supporter of it btw just asking the question.

How ?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.