Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Tube R
ironside

posted on 5/3/07 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
Tube R

Hi guys,

Where's tube R supposed to go? I'm looking for the distance along Q between R and J2. I don't think I have enough info between the book and the McSorley plans to calculate it.

And on another related note, the engine can be fitted with R in place yes? And for those who fitted the 750mc spec secondary R on the other side, both can be fitted and the engine fitted later.

I'm reasoning out that that must be the case as people get their chassis powder coated etc before fitting anything else and it must be practical (especially for racers) to remove and refit the engines more regularly than streets cars.

At worst you'd have to remove the carb, inlet manifold and exhaust and maybe alternator, starter and seperate the gearbox from the engine before fitting/removal?

Thanks

[Edited on 5/3/07 by ironside]

locost_bryan

posted on 6/3/07 at 03:42 AM Reply With Quote
I'm looking at the McSorley "book" plans, and they show R going from the J2/T/FU2 joint back to the Q/H joint at the side of the trans tunnel.

If you're worried about clearance, replace the R tube with a Y member (a triangle from the two H/Q joints, then a tube straight forward to the J2/T/FU2 joint).

Bryan Miller
Auckland NZ

Bruce McLaren - "Where's my F1 car?"
John Cooper - "In that rack of tubes, son"

TheGecko

posted on 6/3/07 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
And here's a picture of a Y-shaped "R" tube for reference

Engine bay of Mike Laws Locost showing modified 'R' tube
Engine bay of Mike Laws Locost showing modified 'R' tube

ironside

posted on 6/3/07 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the input but as I want to be eligible for the 750mc series I have to build by the book.

The 750mc regulations allow for an additional "R" mirroring the one in the original plans.

ironside

posted on 6/3/07 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locost_bryan
I'm looking at the McSorley "book" plans, and they show R going from the J2/T/FU2 joint back to the Q/H joint at the side of the trans tunnel.

I'll wait until later (when the extra Hs are in under Q, the tunnel and FUs) before fitting this then.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.