Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: the meaning of life
jlparsons

posted on 10/3/07 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
the meaning of life

I've never asked a question yet on here that someone hasn't been able to answer.

So with that in mind...

What is the meaning of life?

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

speedyxjs

posted on 10/3/07 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
To please women and build fast cars.

[Edited on 10-3-07 by speedyxjs]

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

shortie

posted on 10/3/07 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs

No you're wrong it should be...

To get the women to please you and build fast cars!!

nick205

posted on 10/3/07 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shortie
quote:

No you're wrong it should be...

To get the women to please you and build fast cars!!

No actually you are wrong too!

It's to build fast cars and get women to please you. You're not seriously suggesting that the women should please you AND build the fast cars? Surely NOT

DIY Si

posted on 10/3/07 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Not too sure, but I'm confident the answer lies at the end of a long path of Cornish pasties, washed down with lots of ale.
The search is still on going, and I plan for it to be for many a moon yet.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

matt.c

posted on 10/3/07 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

No no no bugger the women, just build cars and live a quarter mile at a time!!

DIY Si

posted on 10/3/07 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote

How you going to bugger the women whilst doing 1/4 miles?!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

matt.c

posted on 10/3/07 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si

How you going to bugger the women whilst doing 1/4 miles?!

Didnt think of that!

chrisg

posted on 10/3/07 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote

cheers

Chris

Peteff

posted on 10/3/07 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Ask the mice

The computer got it wrong, 42 was not the answer.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

hillbillyracer

posted on 10/3/07 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
True, 42 was not an acceptable answer so the Earth was constructed as an experiment to find a satisfactory answer to the question. Unfortunately we get blasted to oblivion inorder to construct a new intergalactic super highway before the experiment is completed.
But dont worry, it doesnt happen until after the dolphins leave, so we are ok for the moment.

I've only just read the book, should've done years ago!
Anybody seen any dolphins lately?

goodall

posted on 10/3/07 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
well the human also said 42 and he was part oft he even better computer
goodall

posted on 10/3/07 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
as for what i think the meaning of life is, got to be: you live life, trying to do what ever you like but normally get stoped by laws or other people which you might try, fight somethings but most of the time (personally) to lazy to try, try and leave you mark for the furture to remember you by, attempt to fall in love more times than you break up, have children so that the human race doesnt die out and once youve done all that you die and theres nothing else you can try to even do because unfortunately your gone
roadrunner

posted on 10/3/07 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
So where's this going.
rusty nuts

posted on 10/3/07 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
42 is the meaning of life the universe and everything!
dl_peabody

posted on 10/3/07 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
OK I'll Bite......

Ever read Kipling's IF

Mostly that and a paraphased Goodall....

quote:

Live with purpose
Love without fear of loss
Make your mark for the furture to remember you by
have children so that the human race doesnt die out

P.S. Sorry to be a Yank posting Kipling on a Bristish Site, it seems so wrong! Dont worry about too many kids as I hear the are being outsourced to the third world.

[Edited on 10/3/07 by dl_peabody]

ecosse

posted on 10/3/07 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

What is the meaning of life?

To find the meaning of life.

Cheers

Alex
PS
And to ignore anything written by Douglas Adams

jlparsons

posted on 10/3/07 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I can see where you're going with this speedy, but I'm not sure that pleasing the woman is techniclaly necessary...

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

rusty nuts

posted on 10/3/07 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
But is it possible???
chrisg

posted on 10/3/07 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
[the End Of The Film]
Lady Presenter: Well, that's the end of the film. Now, here's the meaning of life.
[Receives an envelope]
Lady Presenter: Thank you, Brigitte.
[Opens envelope, reads what's inside]
Lady Presenter: M-hmm. Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations. And, finally, here are some completely gratuitous pictures of penises to annoy the censors and to hopefully spark some sort of controversy, which, it seems, is the only way, these days, to get the jaded, video-sated public off their bleeping arses and back in the sodding cinema. Family entertainment? Bollocks. What they want is filth: people doing things to each other with chainsaws during tupperware parties, babysitters being stabbed with knitting needles by gay presidential candidates, vigilante groups strangling chickens, armed bands of theatre critics exterminating mutant goats. Where's the fun in pictures? Oh, well, there we are. Here's the theme music. Goodnight.

jlparsons

posted on 10/3/07 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
But anyway, in conclusion we're not exactly sure but we know it involves fast cars, beer, pleasing/not pleasing women and probably cornish pasties?

Personally speaking that sounds better than anything the major religions have come up with. I think we have just created a religion. I think perhaps we need to come up with a name for it to put on the census form. And maybe a symbol of the religion for the back of our cars like the christians do with that fish thing. Perhaps a pint glass? Or a tin pastie? Can't think of anything PC to represent the bit about pleasing women, but open to suggestions.

coozer

posted on 10/3/07 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Watch the film and you will see the light.

Failing that make your own mind up, as long as your not a Muslim its about your own believes.

So in no particular order, 1. engineering 2. engines, 3. steam engines, 4. diesel engines, 5. petrol engines, 6. Cricket, 7. Heavy Metal, 8. Humping, 9. Winning the lottery to fulfill all of the above

I have no desire to blow people up, what ever they may think of me, oh, apart from my ex....

[Edited on 10/3/07 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

theconrodkid

posted on 11/3/07 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
ok thats answered that one....now who has a question that locostbuilders cannot answer?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

jlparsons

posted on 11/3/07 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Where are Lord Lucan, Jimmy Hoffa, Elvis and the easter bunny...?

Catpuss

posted on 11/3/07 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by goodall
well the human also said 42 and he was part oft he even better computer

I thought the answer was 42, but the problem was that they needed to find out what the question was, hence earth and its backup planet.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.