Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More Air Filter Issues
The Doc

posted on 17/3/07 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
More Air Filter Issues

OK I now have my pancake air filter - fine. What I find is that the bonnet line is pretty much level with the top of the float chamber. I'm a bit worried about having the bonnet rest on here with engine movement etc.

Alternative is to cut a hole quite a bit bigger than the air filter to allow clearence. Anyone else have this to deal with?

The Doc

posted on 17/3/07 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Also....

This is probably only an issue with the twin weber, as there is quite a bit of 'gubbins' to the fore of the carb.
02GF74

posted on 17/3/07 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
cut a hole in it.

start with a small hole thenn mark with ruler and cut away - to avoid distortion and easiest on curve curface get a nibbler for electric dirll; mahine mart is a good one as it is not work of their own poxy brands.

having the carb poking out of the bonnet means they can get at cold air rather than that which has warmed up having passed through the radiator so more bhp!!!

and don't aoub driving in the rain, the water onto filters doesn;t create problems.,

here is one I modified earlier - the patch you see is becasue it had a bulge that was removed.

carb view
carb view

The Doc

posted on 18/3/07 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
My Mistake........

Thanks for that,

I should have said twin choke Weber!

So it's really that the top of the float chamber etc might rub on the bonnet. Most of the XFlow examples I have seen, seem to have a nice neat round hole for the air filter. I don't think I can achieve that.

blueshift

posted on 18/3/07 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
I was under the impression protrusions beyond the bonnet line were an SVA fail, you might want to get confirmation on that before chopping holes.

If so you could still chop a hole then put a power bulge over it (buy or make one)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.