Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Squab Seats who supplies
ditchlewis

posted on 4/7/07 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Squab Seats who supplies

Hi Guys

One of the failure points for my sva was the height of the upper seat belt anchor points above the seat base.

It was generally agreed by the testers that it was due to the seats that I was using. I am using baby cub seats from Midland Wheels.

It was agreed that these seats have a lot of padding in the base cushion. One option I have is to take the seat cushion out and cut most of the padding away and then replace the cushion.

The other option I have is to put Squab seats in, an option I have been toying with for some time.

Does any one know who would sell this type of seat? Dax want £220 and six to eight weeks, Westfield no longer list these on their web site.

Just a warning about the Baby Cub, the head rest will have to be deleted for the SVA as it causes problems with the fixing point heights.

Ditch

kendo

posted on 4/7/07 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
You could knock one up out of plywood, some foam and any kind of material to cover and a staple gun.

Then stickyback velcro to hold them in.

DarrenW

posted on 4/7/07 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Is it an option to remove padding and re-test without?
Other option is to borrow some seats for retest if anyone local (of course making sure this doesnt introduce a different fail point).

Humbug

posted on 4/7/07 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same problem. With the seats I had, I was able to detach the bottom cushion from the seat shell and put in some camping mat temporarily. With the seats bolted directly to the floor (no runners) this gave me 5mm to spare according to the tester!

Another option instead of making squab seats would be to stick some camping mat pads on the floor and on the backrest - "permanently" enough so that the tester has to pass it.

ditchlewis

posted on 4/7/07 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
i think that i will remove the foam and cut it right down to less that an inch. it was 50mm out on the drivers side and 25 mm on the passengers. the seat has at least 100mm of padding. i will of course check the heigths before i re test.

ditch

DarrenW

posted on 4/7/07 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a good plan. You might want to leave it a tad thicker at the front of the seat to support you thighs. ive just had some pads made in 25mm foam (50mm at front edge) and they are fine.

I guess you could add some back in later if you need to.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.