Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: well pissed off
JoelP

posted on 10/7/07 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
well pissed off

some twat just dropped a brick on my windscreen as i drove under a bridge.

Such an annoying feeling that some cnut risked mine and my wives lives for a foolish prank, and that there is NO chance of the police arresting him as anyone delinquant enough to do that is unlikely to confess, and thats what it would take in the absence of any proper evidence.

B*stards....

ruskino80

posted on 10/7/07 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
jesus ,hope you are both ok?
JoelP

posted on 10/7/07 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, those citroen ax's must have bullet proof glass! Never thought id see a brick bounce so far though.
Wadders

posted on 10/7/07 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
That sucks, glad your both in one piece Where did it happen Joel?

Al.

Originally posted by JoelP
some twat just dropped a brick on my windscreen as i drove under a bridge.

Such an annoying feeling that some cnut risked mine and my wives lives for a foolish prank, and that there is NO chance of the police arresting him as anyone delinquant enough to do that is unlikely to confess, and thats what it would take in the absence of any proper evidence.

B*stards....

scoey m
Builder

Posts 209
Registered 8/2/06

Photo Archive Go!
Building: MNR Vortx r1(sva pass 07 plate yumyum)

posted on 10/7/07 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hope all ok mate
There's some twisted people about that just don't realise what could happen doing something so ridculious

andyps

posted on 10/7/07 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Glad you are OK Joel.

Another example of money mis-spent by the authorities - as long as they put up speed cameras rather than using proper police who get to know people (and get respect) scum like that will almost always get away with whatever they want. Definitely worth reporting though.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

JoelP

posted on 10/7/07 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
on the north leeds ring road, under the foot bridge leading to the moorallerton centre. Worst thing is i normally look up as i approach the bridge cos theres so many chavs in the area.

More depressing is that these scum wouldnt think twice about doing the same to someone in a 7 or similar, without a thought for the consequences....

phoenix70

posted on 10/7/07 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
That happened to a friend of mine a few years back, I remember seeing the car and think he was very lucky his girlfriend was quite small, as if she wasn't she would more than likely of been injured if not killed (The brick hit the windscreen pillar and the damage was enough to write the car was off).

How can anyone find it amuzing to throw bricks at passing car, or are they all just so thick they have no idea the possible repurcussions of there actions.

[Edited on 10/7/07 by phoenix70]

JoelP

posted on 10/7/07 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
ps i did report, it took exactly 30 from me calling them to an officer calling to say they were looking round the area, can we have a full description? They were clean gone within 5 mins (i looked after id dropped swimbo off)

description: kid in a black hoodie. Cops have no chance, poor sods.

Rudy

posted on 10/7/07 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Glad you are ok.

And very sorry for what is happened.

Sorry about my English

aerobrick

posted on 10/7/07 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for my User name in this instance.

Glad to see you are both ok this seems to be happening more and more on the roads.
The reason is that they used to brick trains but many in the bad areas have camera's fitted and close cooperation with BTP and other plod but we still get at least nationally 5 a week which cause damage unlike road vehicles etc you cannot swerve, if you think this is a modern chav thing sadly its not goes back into last century.

John

JamJah

posted on 10/7/07 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
I was about to say a cheap laptop and webcam would pay wonders. I was looking at doing a front and back camera when i had the Roadster. Insaurance said theyd knock 10% of the policey if it was always recording.

This is personal advise or personal opinion.
Constructive comments gratefully recieved, picking is left for noses.

jollygreengiant

posted on 10/7/07 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Keep the faith mate. It's unfortunate that it is only a few stupid morons that give the rest a bad name or a bad idea. These particular morons ought to have someone hold their feet and use them like a baseball bat to see how far one of those bricks could be hit.

Glad to hear you and your passenger(s) are ok.

Clive.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

mookaloid

posted on 10/7/07 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
I seem to recall saying this before recently - but I REALLY HAVE NO WORDS

Actually I have just thought of one SCUM

Really glad you're ok Joel

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

oldmanmille

posted on 10/7/07 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Just glad you and your wife are OK. This happened to me a few years ago and I chased the scum in my car. Caught up with them and collared both of them - 15/16 yr olds probably.

Called the police and they warned me that I was committing an offence and to let them go!

Went back to my car and due to me driving that fast to catch them I had slammed up against the kerb and punctured my tyre and had to wait for recovery from RAC as I couldnt get jack under car due to positioning!

Maybe I shouldnt have called the police....

Anyway, not about me but you so just glad you are alright and the little darlings will have their judgement day.....

mookaloid

posted on 10/7/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldmanmille
Just glad you and your wife are OK. This happened to me a few years ago and I chased the scum in my car. Caught up with them and collared both of them - 15/16 yr olds probably.

Called the police and they warned me that I was committing an offence and to let them go!

Went back to my car and due to me driving that fast to catch them I had slammed up against the kerb and punctured my tyre and had to wait for recovery from RAC as I couldnt get jack under car due to positioning!

Maybe I shouldnt have called the police....

Anyway, not about me but you so just glad you are alright and the little darlings will have their judgement day.....

Surely dropping a brick from a bridge onto someones car is ATTEMPTED MURDER

I'm back to having no words

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

oldmanmille

posted on 10/7/07 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
I think its the last offence that takes priority and if you have someone by the scruff of the neck then this is the last 'offence'

The guy in the shopping centre this week that caught a shoplifter and had to let him go as told by the police shows what law we have in this country....

alister667

posted on 10/7/07 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Glad you and your other half are OK.

God, it makes my blood boil to think of the f*ckwits who do things like this.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt.c

posted on 10/7/07 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
cant believe people are stupid enough to do that!! What are they thinking!
Im so glad you and SWMBO are ok.

kipper

posted on 10/7/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Jeez , I am glad you are ok.
I had a similar do some years ago coming home down the A1 from London.
Some lunatic dropped a dog of a bridge and it hit the front of the tranny van I was passenger in, the mess the poor dog made made us properly sick. the cops were called but no-one was ever caught, I still have nightmares about it.
there are some mental cases about.
Kipper.

beppesignori
Contributor

Posts 82
Registered 7/8/06

Photo Archive Go!
Building: MK Indy Sold. Contemplating V8 midi scratch build

posted on 10/7/07 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
..next time you catch one of them, deal with them yourself and leave the police out of it..

A cyclist once kicked my car because it stuck out 2 inches too far at a junction. Ran after him, hauled him off the bike and threw it 10 meters through the air across the street, got back in my car and felt a lot better..

Of course I am not encourraging anybody to break the Law...

[Edited on 10/7/07 by beppesignori]

Lightning

posted on 10/7/07 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly glad you are both Ok. i am always very warey of people on bridges.

One of the guys that works for me was in one of our vans when a pedestian took a swipe at the van with an umbrella. He stopped the van and ran after him with the only thing in the back of the van, a sledge hammer. He chased him down the road and pinned him against a wall and demanded that he payed for the scratch that had resulted. The guy handed over £30. my guy left and thought that was that. When he got home the Bill was waiting for him. He got taken to court. This was about the time of all the road rage in the papers and after the murder on the M20/M25 junction. Anyway on his first ever offence he got 6 months!!! Served 3 months in the Scrubs. He was at that time 22yrs old.
So don't take action yourself because justice doesn't always work the way you think it should. He still works for me BTW

Also I should have said he never touched him with the sledge.

[Edited on 10/7/07 by Lightning]

Steve

NigeEss

posted on 10/7/07 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scoey m

There's some twisted people about that just don't realise what could happen doing something so ridculious

Or there's twisted wkneras who don't give a fcek. A slow death sentence is not even
good enough for them

Glad you're ok man, my wife know's a girl who's brother was killed in the same type of
incident but a car battery

nathanharris1987

posted on 10/7/07 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
ever so sorry to hear about your ordeal joel, this happened to my mum last year and shes sh1t scared to drive anywhere now.

I say luckily, but unsure as to whether society has benifitted from it but, the little bugger got caught on cctv which got him sent to juvy, so theres another one that'll be in and out of prison all his life, psychopathic is the only way to describe these kids.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Danozeman

posted on 11/7/07 at 05:35 AM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell man. Glad your both ok. Is the car ok?

Oldmanmile you should have seen to them. Law in this country has gone mad.

You have to ask yourself, what would u do if you caught someone robbing your house or trying to nick your car?

Phone the police which in the meantime theyl be gone as you cant hold them til they get there. If they do catch them theyl get a caution and sent on there way.

or

Give them the best kicking theyv ever had to make sure they dont do it again!

I know what id do. The one with the best satisfaction.

WE need old fashioned policing. People arnt scared of what will happen to them. And the under 16's know theyl get away with anything.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.