Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aerodynamics
gtempleman

posted on 18/7/07 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Aerodynamics

First an introduction. I am a freelance writer (RaceTech, PPC and Full Throttle) and I’m researching a piece about aerodynamics and power.

I’m looking for a volunteer in Leicester (or just north) with a road-going Locost and I would like you to let me fit a datalogger to your car. We could then do a series of coast-down tests so that we can determine the drag and rolling resistance coefficients. If you also volunteer to do a couple of acceleration runs, that would be even better and we could get an approximate power curve. The power runs bit is not compulsory, but might be fun.

I reckon that it would take an evening to fit the logger and weigh the car (I’ll bring the corner scales) and less than half a day to do repeated runs in both directions to smooth out the data. I have a straight and flattish piece of road in mind hence the suggestion that the volunteer needs to come from the Leicester area. Very early one Sunday morning would be the best time for the testing - before the country folk get off to church.

Anybody interested? gtempleman "at" gmail.com will find me.

Thanks

Graham Templeman

Peteff

posted on 18/7/07 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Could this be construed as testing or trialling as most people's insurance will be invalidated by such an understanding.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

JacksAvon

posted on 18/7/07 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
could this also be 'construed' as having the craic

[Edited on 18/7/07 by JacksAvon]

MikeR

posted on 18/7/07 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
have a word with NS Dev - he might be interested if he's got the time.
iank

posted on 18/7/07 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
I'd bet they'd put some pics of the new grasser in the magazine as well

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

DarrenW

posted on 18/7/07 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Nat was a name that sprung to my mind as well. Hope the datalogger has strong trousers and a sick bag ready

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.