Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Moulded seat.
stevetzoid

posted on 6/8/07 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Moulded seat.

Hi all, just had a seat made for me at Procomp, Matt and Ivan did all the technical bit I finished it off. Must say it makes a massive difference I posted a 1min29.4 second lap at donnington without drafting feels so comfortable I coild sleep in it at the tracks better than the Vectra!!. after a few beers!!!
Steve Evans Locost 39.

Omni

posted on 6/8/07 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi There,

That sounds great How much did the mould seat cost?

Cheers,

O

Richard Quinn

posted on 6/8/07 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
I thought it was 1:29.7?
Having experienced one of Procomp's other foam seats (2" foam sheet!) as a passenger, I would prefer the one that Steve has!
Before road car drivers get too excited, the moulded seat that Steve is on about is a custom moulded foam seat made to fit the driver. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing and certainly doesn't come with contrasting piping (although it could be done with some insulation tape and some imagination) but as a race seat certainly appears to do the job!

stevetzoid

posted on 6/8/07 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi I race in the 750 locost championship and Procomp help me develop the car as such they help me with cost's so I would suggest you contact Ivan and Matt to get a figure but it does depend on how much finishing you do. It does take a long time to do though it was about 7 hours worth of work, but to be honest the expertice is what costs the money I can imagine you could get in a real mess trying to do it alone. I know they have made in the region of 20 or so they have learnt the pitfalls. I hope this helps you.
Regards Steve. Locost 39.

stevetzoid

posted on 6/8/07 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Richard Glad you enjoyed you day out have you made up your mind which way you are going to go?.
Matt checked on the timing and found the time or so he tells me via a u2u.
Steve.

Richard Quinn

posted on 6/8/07 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve, in a word - No! But at least I'm not making random changes of direction anymore, I'm just going round in circles! Matt has got the patience of a saint dealing with all my mithering!
stevetzoid

posted on 6/8/07 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
I think Matt as well as being part of the business he is also a racer and his advice comes from the racer not the business man, but strangely enough the two can come together and be sucssesful, I have had a few problems when no one seemed interested but Ivan and Matt came up with the idea's to help me to make progress, even giving up time to help at trackdays and race meetings with no financial reward, how many people do that in racing?.
My Carb problem had become more acute as I improved but after several tries we seem to have found the solution at Donnington on the last trackday. I have a few things to sort out like caster and a smaller fuel tank over the winter, but I will push as hard as I can and with the help of Procomp I have a good chance.
End of promotion,other than to say after 20 years in the model car world one thing I learnt is talk to and listen to the people in the know, if you can find them.
Steve.

procomp

posted on 9/8/07 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi that slipped under my radar .

Veeerry kind words steve thanks. And it's a pleashure to help some one who wants to go quicker.

I suppose you will want two sugars in your coffe at silverstone now then .

cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.