Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake fluid reservoir to master cylinder
Gav

posted on 4/11/07 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Brake fluid reservoir to master cylinder

im using the twin reservoir from rally design to wilwood master cylinders, however the problem i have is that the master cylinder accepts std brake pipe size (3/16?) and the reservoir outputs are push on fittings that look something like 10/12mm, what have people used to attach the reservoir to the MC? as i cant find anything that fitts but i asume this must be a common problem as lots of places seem to sell this reservoir.

timex

posted on 4/11/07 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
If i can remember rightly we managed to get are pipes on but I know they were a tight sqeeze. How about trying a little oil to help them slide on?
iiyama

posted on 4/11/07 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Use a banjo fitting on the MC. Or girling do a screw in nipple for the MC. Merlin Motorsport do the both.

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

Volvorsport

posted on 4/11/07 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
7/16 .

rally design do the adapters - alternatively any hydraulic supplier should have something like it .

dont forget to use proper tube or youll fail SVA

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

Gav

posted on 4/11/07 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Edit: this was in reply to the first poster, but thanks for theinfo guys

perhaps ive not explained it properly.

ive used This reservoir and This master cylinder, how have people attached the two together as their no where seems to be a kit to do it.

actually RD seem to have a kit of some sort but the pics shows something that looks like it wouldnt work, i think ill give them a ring tomorrow.

[Edited on 4/11/07 by Gav]

iank

posted on 4/11/07 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
I have the same reservoir but I've not got far enough for pipes yet

Logic says that you need the pipes to fit the plastic barbs properly (with a tube clip obviously) and make it fit at the master cylinder end. Finding the donor of the reservoir should lead to some suitably mark hoses.

How are you mounting it as it has no handy holes/bracketry to make it obvious. I've got making a cradle of some kind on my long list of jobs, but I'd be interested with seeing other peoples solutions.

[Edited on 4/11/07 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

gazza285

posted on 4/11/07 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
One of these...........

And some of this..........

As stated by Volvorsport.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gav

posted on 4/11/07 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
you can just about see in this pic(pipes need replacing obviously), its just a bit of ally bent over that fits between the 2 outlets and is bolted to the bulkhead wall, the reservoir is then secured with some webbing, i might remake this and copy the ones you can buy from RD

[Edited on 4/11/07 by Gav]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.