Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: lock your doors in Leeds
skydivepaul

posted on 30/11/07 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
lock your doors in Leeds

came home tonight from work just afetr 7 to find my front door kicked in and the house broke into. the alarm was ringing its nuts off and a good neighbour of mine had come round to take a look. the tw@ts had kicked in the door tried to rip the tv off the kitchen wall and then gone into the room to try to nick the DVD player.
luckily the alarm went off and they legged it .
the b@stards have left big muddy footprints all over my brand new carpets, fookin burglars have no manners nowadays.
any way sat here now with the front door open waiting for the fuzz to turn up (3 hours and counting)before i can cthen call the locksmith to sort the door.
long night ahead for me and flying out to the states tomorrow so that will be fun.

hanging is too good for the low life scum. if i catch the little feckers I'll rip their balls off.
They must be thick as poo cos my DVD player is worth nowt, there is much better stuff in my house to nick.
RANT OVER

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

joneh

posted on 30/11/07 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets sorted and you catch the bastards. A pair of thieves' testicles would look great on the mantlepiece.

Mansfield

posted on 30/11/07 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
Same in Mansfield, 3 years ago I stopped some getting in at 5 in the morning. I have not slept the same since.

Be prepared for a range of emotions over the coming months. These can be turned to positives with every small thing you do to protect yourself.

rallyingden

posted on 30/11/07 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hope you get things sorted soon and the thievin gits get run over leggin it off.

Keep smilin

Wheels244

posted on 30/11/07 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about your experience.

I had my house in York burgled 5 times, garage twice and car broken into twice

I'm afraid the Police were less than useless. Never caught ( or tried to ) any of them.

If I was to catch a thief in the act - I wouldn't bother with the Police - but he wouldn't be stealing again.

Wadders

posted on 1/12/07 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that Paul scrotes should be hung.

Al.

Originally posted by skydivepaul
came home tonight from work just afetr 7 to find my front door kicked in and the house broke into. the alarm was ringing its nuts off and a good neighbour of mine had come round to take a look. the tw@ts had kicked in the door tried to rip the tv off the kitchen wall and then gone into the room to try to nick the DVD player.
luckily the alarm went off and they legged it .
the b@stards have left big muddy footprints all over my brand new carpets, fookin burglars have no manners nowadays.
any way sat here now with the front door open waiting for the fuzz to turn up (3 hours and counting)before i can cthen call the locksmith to sort the door.
long night ahead for me and flying out to the states tomorrow so that will be fun.

hanging is too good for the low life scum. if i catch the little feckers I'll rip their balls off.
They must be thick as poo cos my DVD player is worth nowt, there is much better stuff in my house to nick.
RANT OVER

Dusty

posted on 1/12/07 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
They don't all get away. Sometimes they get compensated for burgling.
A friend, Brian here in Plymouth was woken in the night by wifey who could hear noises downstairs. Pottered down to find scumbag in the lounge. Wacked him with a baseball bat and broke one of his legs.
It then got a bit difficult as he was arrested, spent the night in cells and had to report weekly for a couple of months while he was on bail. DPP eventually decided not to prosecute. Criminal Injuries Compensation Board paid the scumbag thousands for his injuries. Don't think he will revisit the scene of the crime tho!

MikeRJ

posted on 1/12/07 at 01:35 AM Reply With Quote
Far too many scum bags around these days. Last night some retard keyed all the cars up one side of the road, including my Civic and the Wifes Octavia
falcor

posted on 1/12/07 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
Wow that sucks...

I dont understand how someone can kick a front door in...something tells me you have very different building codes from what we've got over here....

Dangle_kt

posted on 1/12/07 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
unlucly mate, hope it all gets sorted.

Reference kicking doors in.... You'd be amazed what the scum can manage.

I had my garage broken into by a gang of 14 teenagers, it was secured with 4 bolt style locks straight into the conctrete floor and walls. 5 of them just kept running at it from across the street till it ripped it clean out the floor and walls.

My neighbour came across to lock em in from the outside, the police told him if he locked them in (despite the fact they were red handed theives) HE would get prosecuted for FALSE IMPRISONMENT!!

Coppers round here were only interested if it involved no decective work, they wanted them in a pink bow, delivered to police station with a signed confession or they weren't gonna bother.

Suffice to say we are moving to the country side. I figure a lower scumbag per sq mile ratio is only a good thing.

You have my condolences mate.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 1/12/07 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
I once had a client in Midrand who was on his sevententh burglary.........we put his tv and microwave in some special cages and some other stuff not so legal round the flower beds at the bottom of the wall round the house......was smeared with nice poop...
well the alarms yes three of them went off and there was 5 trapped in the compound unable to get out as the vietcong special frontdoor mats had attached themselves to these thieves feet.......result breakins stopped...

ps I like that very true coment .... I figure a lower scumbag per sq mile ratio is only a good thing.

Confused but excited.

posted on 1/12/07 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Bad news mate. Been there.
For future reference, do not waste your money on an alarm. All you get is a noise, after they have broken in and you have to rely on your neighbours getting hacked off enough to ring dibble.
You are better off with solid doors, fitted with hinge dogs and a three point lock.
Basically make your house harder to get into, than your neighbours.
If we can't keep the scrotes out of bank vaults, we certainly can't keep a determined thief out of a house.
You can however deter opportunistic thieves, by making your house less of a target than next door's.
Welcome to civilisation in the 21st century!

[Edited on 1/12/07 by Confused but excited.]

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Alan B

posted on 1/12/07 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that mate....hope it doesn't spoil your trip out here...

See ya in a day or two..

Alan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jono_misfit

posted on 2/12/07 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Got broken into 2 years back by Junkies. Police new who it was before looking at anything. They managed to get a print from a DVD case and went to see him.

The muppet took a bag from here with one of our names on it to carry stuff in and had it in his living room.

Anyways.... CID came round to see us a couple of days later to make sure we were OK and werent afraid of them breaking in again. We explained we were happy for the junkies to come back when were in next (Theres 3 of us, 15 stone each all go to gym etc). CID's advice if we did hit them / injure them make sure to press a knife from the kitchen in their hand (so their prints on it) and say they attacked us with it. In this case he said you have a better case for self denfence.

Wouldnt like to put it to the test, but if it ever happens it exactly what im doing.

At least you alarm scared them off so they didnt take / trash everything.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.