Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: vinyl cover
richard

posted on 28/6/08 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
vinyl cover

A few weeks ago i posted pictures of the retractable hood sticks I had made for our book chassis locost, now I am on the home straight of making the vinyl cover. It fits with the hard doors I have made, but will also have a set of soft doors that can be rolled up and with the hood and sticks down we keep the good locks until needed. What do you think. Rescued attachment resize1.jpg
Rescued attachment resize1.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richard

posted on 28/6/08 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
and the back. Rescued attachment resize2.jpg
Rescued attachment resize2.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 28/6/08 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hot diggidy damn! That's nice!! Kind of like mine but with rear windows and side screens....
SeaBass

posted on 28/6/08 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Is that Ford Olympic blue??

eccsmk

posted on 28/6/08 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
fantastic work

just need to make a few more for locostbuilders

richard

posted on 28/6/08 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
No I think the dark is peugeot and the light is fiat.
i might be able find the code if you ike ? Rescued attachment RESIZE9.jpg
Rescued attachment RESIZE9.jpg

Mr Whippy

posted on 28/6/08 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
nice work, proper weather gear makes all the difference

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

SeaBass

posted on 29/6/08 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Looks neat. It would take a lot of time and effort to make those I would have thought.

JC

richard

posted on 29/6/08 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers gents I managed to do most of the work whilst waiting for the Inspection and paperwork to be sorted, making sure I could remove it all in case there was any problems that the inspector could spot.
I have found that with the doors and hood on it is very hot inside, so i have made the rear screen removeable.
The doors alone stayed in place on the motorway and kept the wind buffering down, but still loads better with it all off and or folded down.
The biggest problem i had to start with was being able to get the hood sticks to clear the roll bar when going up, but then not over handing the rear panel / spare wheel when when laid flat.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.