Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MOT pass!! Just S.V.A to go
donut

posted on 17/1/04 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
MOT pass!! Just S.V.A to go

Just wanted to post that my car has now been set-up proper like and has passed it's M.O.T which means alot to me. The car feels like it came out a factory rather than a self build by a complete donut!!!!

Had a superb drive back from the garage in blazing sunshine but it was a little cold.

The guy who set-up my car now want's to build an Indy and so does one of his staff!! Also my car had loads of good comments which was nice not to mention all the onlookers on the way home.......WONDERFUL!!!!

All that's left is S.V.A which has been applied for. Fingers crossed!!

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 17/1/04 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Well done mate!

We gonna see it at Newlands?

James

macspeedy

posted on 17/1/04 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
well done, good luck with the sva
alister667

posted on 17/1/04 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Well done. All the best for the SVA.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
santcliff

posted on 17/1/04 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one!

Hey we are so in sync (if slow). Ran mine out for a pre-mot inspection today. Couple of little niggles but the important bits got the thumbs up.

And the best thing? The hats turned up in time, thanks!

biggest grin still on my face

S-)

One o' cross beams gone owt askew ont' treddle

greggors84

posted on 17/1/04 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
Where did u get it set up donut?

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

donut

posted on 17/1/04 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Greggors84

I got the car set-up by a friend of a friend who used to build F3 cars amongst other stuff. He has a garage in Croydon and he's very good!

I have put up a few photo's in my archive taken today when i got back.... http://locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=gal&user=donut&folder=root

They are called 'Pre SVA' and there are 3 pics in all.

Sandcliff: You must bring your car up to Newlands Corner (or wherever we are meeting) when your car is on the road.... That's an order soldier!!!!

James: I have applied for SVA and i'm keeping my fingers VERY crossed, but i doubt it, March for sure!!!!!!!!

Andy

P.S. Thanks guy's

[Edited on 17/1/04 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 17/1/04 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Another Indy in the fold. Always good to hear about a builder completing.........drives us starters on even harder........to completion
Good luck with the SVA

CairB

posted on 17/1/04 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Good on you Andy.

Hope all goes well for SVA but remember that no matter what happens at the first SVA, you getting on the road soon is inevitable

It's interesting regarding the MOT. I was told that I didn't need one by local office and when my first tax renewal came on the day that I got my Indy motted it didn't say it needed one.

Bob not far behind?

Cheers,

Colin

donut

posted on 17/1/04 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
As far as i know you don't need an MOT but i have heard some SVA stations insisting on it. I got mine done to make sure the car was roadworthy and to set-up imissions and headlights etc. This way i know that all that stuff will (should) pass SVA. At least i know it's roadworthy which makes me feel great and that i don't need another MOT for 3 years!

Bob is very close behing and we should both be on the road in Feb with any luck.

Andy

Andy

Ben_Copeland

posted on 17/1/04 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Well done Andy, good luck for the SVA

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Deckman001

posted on 17/1/04 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Well done matey, Do you mind in future tho, not trying (ha ha)to exceded the speed limit when my daughter is in the passenger seat !! she doesn't keep a secret very well !!!!

Jason

donut

posted on 17/1/04 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
My car can't do over 40mph so your speedo MUST be wrong!!!! LOL

Andy

Andy

bob

posted on 18/1/04 at 12:29 AM Reply With Quote
Yep i'm right behind you andy(if you know what i mean)

I'll be posting off my SVA forms next week,dont seem to have many reciepts though.

[Edited on 18/1/04 by bob]

donut

posted on 18/1/04 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Don't worry about receipts Bob, i don't think they care much to be honest and there are 101 reasons not to have a receipt for everything. It only really matters if you're going for an new reg plate. Anyhoo if i pass before you you can borrow my receipts!!

Andy

Andy

bob

posted on 18/1/04 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
If you pass before me i'll borrow your car

donut

posted on 18/1/04 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
If i pass before you i'll eat my hat!!!!!

Andy

Andy

Avoneer

posted on 23/1/04 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats Donut - motivation booster or what!
Did you drive there? And if you did, what was the insurance like?
Forgive me for building an Avon though, I just wish it was an MK after visiting Martin 2 weeks ago and seeing the quality compared to Tiger.
Nearly ready for MOT myself.
Cheers,
Pat...
www.mytigeravon.co.uk

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

donut

posted on 23/1/04 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Pat

Yes i did drive there and i will be driving to the SVA station on Monday too which you are allowed to do. My insurence (sureterm direct) charged me £150 fully comp, 5,000miles for a 2 litre Indy. Not bad at all if you ask me!!

Andy

Andy

Avoneer

posted on 23/1/04 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers mate.
Watch out for flying rocks and when you go through Gatso's dead fast, don't forget to give them the two finger salute!
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.