Board logo

Who drove a seven today on the coldest day of the year
mangogrooveworkshop - 1/12/09 at 07:08 PM

Yep -4 and very icy delivered to the sailmakers to do the rear covers and roof.
Was fantastic going there as the sun was up with no wind....very frosty.

Left the car with him so he could fit it all up.

Went back at 4.30 to drive back and it starts sleeting as well as rain snow what ever.

Ive got hightec wind stopper gloves and my hands still got cold

The MUSTO offshore sailing jacket never failed to do the job of making me toasty....even steaming up my glasses......

but it was fooking cold...still raised a few smiles in the traffic que`s

Trev D - 1/12/09 at 07:12 PM

Me

jacko - 1/12/09 at 07:13 PM

Not me im not that MAD

blakep82 - 1/12/09 at 07:18 PM

i didn't

SteveWalker - 1/12/09 at 07:24 PM

In convoy we once got gritted overtaking a gritter on the motorway, pulled off shortly after, stopped at traffic lights and it started to hail!

Also drove over the Pennines and back while snow was on the ground, taking a friend to pick up a trike.

Normally I'm a bit more sensible than that and do use the weather gear.

macspeedy - 1/12/09 at 07:24 PM

CCCCOOOOOLLLLLL I recon you deserve an extra gold star for that

AdrianH - 1/12/09 at 07:28 PM

I am planning to use the roadster tomorrow. At a training centre so hope to get away before the sun goes down!

Grey cloud forecast and possible light rain, temp around +3 to +4 C. getting the thermals ready tonight and wet weather gear packed.

It's just down to the newness, sure it will fade.

Adrian

owelly - 1/12/09 at 07:35 PM

On a chilly wet day, I had to stop and use a screwdriver to hack a hole in the footwell as my feet were getting wet! On the return trip, the water froze and my trousers froze to my bootlaces. All because I couldn't be arsed to wait for Miss O to come back with the other car!

whitestu - 1/12/09 at 07:37 PM

I've been amazed how much difference side screens make. I drove my car the other day for an hour or so and was quite warm, with just a bike jacket, no helmet or gloves.

Stu

gordon h - 1/12/09 at 07:40 PM

i did im mad

StrikerChris - 1/12/09 at 07:45 PM

i thought i had balls just starting mine,just out of interest and to annoy nextdoor really.fired first time after standing 4 a month and covered in frost,i wasn't going anywhere when it said -6 on the dash tho!

speedyxjs - 1/12/09 at 08:35 PM

I didnt but wish i had

I did however spend the most on a tank of fuel ever. £69.04

ReMan - 1/12/09 at 08:54 PM

No had to work today.
But I did take it out on Sunday, it was 4 degs then.

M$RK_VXRD - 1/12/09 at 09:04 PM

I DID!

took it to work for lads to see was a experiance driving a 7 on ice at 5 in morning, i must say lol

mangogrooveworkshop - 1/12/09 at 09:25 PM

Damdy cash uses his car to work everyday but its a very short trip.... he says using trackday slicks on snow is some fun......
he has done ok as we have not had any majors...
He has a heater and roof......I just went roofless
the worst is the salty poo gets in places you dont want......ali, iron and salt dont mix.

RickRick - 1/12/09 at 10:41 PM

I did and i also did yesterday however that wasn't so suscessfull as i broke down within about 3 minutes, turns out my fuel gauge isn't working right!

iscmatt - 1/12/09 at 11:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
I've been amazed how much difference side screens make. I drove my car the other day for an hour or so and was quite warm, with just a bike jacket, no helmet or gloves.

Stu

yup I have found this too. with the doors on it gets positively warm in the car and the warmth also stays in the car when you stop for some reason!

Grimsdale - 2/12/09 at 08:54 AM

I use my car all the year around, it's my only car, so i get out in all weathers.

Worst experience was new year's eve last year. It was sub zero, misty, and the mist was landing and freezing on the screen, making it rather difficult to see! It was ok on busy sections where other cars could flick road salt onto the screen, but i also did 50 miles of country roads where i couldn't see shit!!!