Board logo

Hartside today...
coozer - 27/5/12 at 04:49 PM

Nice drive up to Hartside cafe today, beautiful weather although roads full of bicycles and motorbikes.

Think we were out numbered a little bit....

Tezza1 - 27/5/12 at 06:21 PM

Excellent day burnt to crisp, just wish we had all made it to the end.

slingshot2000 - 27/5/12 at 06:58 PM

quote:

Think we were out numbered a little bit....

Just a little bit !

I cannot wait to have ine on the road and be able to join in on days like today. I have even be toying (sic) with the idea of buying something cheap and SVA'ed to use until I can get mine sorted and IVA'ed and registered.

Glad to see you lot enjoying thesome of the finest roads in england for a blat !

Regards
Jon

lotusmadandy - 27/5/12 at 07:21 PM

I'm absolutely gutted that me n Dave missed it.

My alternator bearings collapsed on the way to meet the lads
but a new one is ordered.
Dave's wayward hose is now fixed,so we will both be out on the
next run up the hill.

Andy

myke pocock - 27/5/12 at 09:33 PM

Looks like it was a cracker! Thats the problem with Hartside, too many blooody bikers. Anyway, lets know when youre up that way again and hopefully mine will be back on the road.

coozer - 27/5/12 at 09:37 PM

Aye the bikes are good at speeding in the 30,s, cracking in the straights but no good on the bends.. followed a mush up am=nd got sick of braking on the bends showed him the way on the outside of one of the tight left handers

trextr7monkey - 27/5/12 at 10:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Aye the bikes are good at speeding in the 30,s, cracking in the straights but no good on the bends.. followed a mush up am=nd got sick of braking on the bends showed him the way on the outside of one of the tight left handers

Aye it's a man's life Steve!
If you are over one evening or in half term week give us a nod and I'll bring the 'new' 34 year old car over, we had a whole load of old British bikes past the house yesterday morning- mebbe 40 or 50 of them, strangely all of the riders had white or grey beards, must be some sort of druids club or similar.
atb
Mike