Board logo

750mc RGB Croft result report
MK9R - 28/5/15 at 11:48 AM

i thought i just post up a quick review of the weekend up at croft. its a fantastic circuit and a great weekend for class F proving the new breed of F cars are starting to cut into the Spire dominated class R

Testing :-
Spent the day fine tuning the setup ,working on tyre pressures and damper settings as we are nearly there with the spring rates and antirollbars. Both cars working well but still lacking straight line speed.
Qualifying:-
A reduced qualifying due to red flags meant we got just 6 laps to get our grid places for the 2 races, but even so an mnr 1 and 2 for both races in class f and 5th and 8th overall and over 2 seconds a lap faster than the next class f cars
Qualifying results for race 1:-
P1 for David watson, P2 Austen Greenway,
Qualifying results for race 2:-
P1 for Austen Greenway, P2 David Watson,
Race 1 Result:-
1st David Watson, 2nd Austen Greenway
Fastest lap Dave Watson
A fairly lonely race for Dave Watson a long way in front of the class f pack but not quite quick enough to hang on to the top four class r cars, Austen Greenway came home in a distant second with a mysterious lack of race pace compared to qualifying
Race 2 Result:-
1st Austen Greenway, 2nd David Watson
Fastest lap and lap record David Watson
Still struggling with straight-line speed ( mainly due to engine issues ) we set about modifying some of the rear bodywork in the hope of reducing some of the drag and thus hoping to improve our straight-line performance.
Both cars got great starts with David jumping Austen at the start and many other cars to get up to 3rd overall by the end of the first lap, a place he held till lap 6 when he was caught and passed by Austen and and the 5 car pack following, Austen cruised to the class win and 7th overall while David limped back home in a distant second and 9th overall with engine power issues

Summary:-
Great weekend, an Mnr 1 and 2 in qualifying and both races and both fastest laps and second fastest laps.

Now to find some more power so we can give the top 4 class r cars a run for their money at Angelesey in 8 weeks time

[Edited on 28/5/15 by MK9R]

Dopdog - 28/5/15 at 04:15 PM

great pictures, but why are some of the cars left hand drive?

TimC - 28/5/15 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dopdog
great pictures, but why are some of the cars left hand drive?

Engine mounted transversely and driving a chain diff via an idler pulley. The LHD position therefore counter-balances the engine that is offset to the right.

Bravo "Rabids" by the way. I'll see you at Combe.

Andy D - 28/5/15 at 08:09 PM

I was at Croft for the Friday test, plus Saturday's races. I took quite a few pics, mostly on Friday, as I wanted to watch the race.

I've uploaded them all here (Friday test, Qually and a few from the start of race one) :

http://s133.photobucket.com/user/dixonandrew/library/RGB%20Croft%20May%202015?sort=3&page=1

a few MNR ones.

marc n - 31/5/15 at 08:11 AM

great pictures Andy :-)