Board logo

Goodwood Revival this weekend
James - 14/9/12 at 06:05 PM

Anyone going to Goodwood Revival tomorrow/this weekend?

I'm going Saturday for a friend's birthday.

Anyone been before? What's particularly worth going to see?

I know it's a massive show so better to know the good stuff rather than just pottering!

Cheers,
James

bob - 14/9/12 at 06:44 PM

Much better than the Festival of Speed IMO.

Just keep walking,always something to see in the paddock area,head straight for the tunnel entrance to the paddock.

Tractor trailer will take you all the way around the track, just jump off and on at bus stops.

I normally sit on the hill at Lavant, good view of the track and excellent for the spitfire and hurricane take off and fly pass.

Enjoy, wish i was going this year. Maybe do a weekend next year

mark chandler - 14/9/12 at 07:50 PM

Make sure you dress appropriately, blazer and slacks with G/F in mini skirt

You need to pay the extra for the stands, it's good fun plenty to see but make sure you leave in plenty of time. We went to the FOS earlier this year and got caught in traffic on the M27/A27 and arrived at 12 so leave at 7am from where you are if not earlier.

Foods also good, take plenty of money though.

Humbug - 14/9/12 at 08:29 PM

James - I'll be there tomorrow with SWMBO. We've got grandstand seats this year, so may not be walking around too much (also, SWMBO had her knees operated on 6 weeks ago).

The racing is good to watch (!), plus the air displays, but wandering around is also good as they have statics displays. Can be good to go to a couple of different places on the circuit to watch the races from a different perspective.

May see you there!

Cheers,

Simon

rusty nuts - 16/9/12 at 01:12 AM

I really want to go to this one year at least , but at the moment I'm in Nova Scotia as SWMBO wants to go whale watching

probablyleon - 16/9/12 at 07:39 AM

Wanted to go for years. A while back I got a call asking for my availability for the 16th (I'm a musician). Turns out I'm playing with a band at some kind of after party at the revival! I don't know any more about the gig, it could be a party for Lord March and his rich and famous guests, or for the marshals, stewards, catering staff etc. Heading off in a minute to make the most of my free pass

steve m - 16/9/12 at 10:32 AM

Next time i go, i will take a step ladder, as last time saw ............... nothing !!

Humbug - 16/9/12 at 01:41 PM

Had a good day there yesterday - weather was bright and sunny, and we were only queuing for about 40 minutes to get in... missed the first race

Lots to see as usual (though I didn't see you, James!)

A couple of pics here - more here

Some exhaust ideas here, or V8 Beetle anyone?

[Edited on 16.09.2012 by Humbug]