Board logo

Forum reset? (Spam filter?)
loggyboy - 21/6/22 at 08:46 AM

Got a warning when I came here yesterday saying i needed to confirm my email, also I my Bio info was reset. Looks to be across the board judging by peoples location and signatures.
Is forum ok?
Once an Email address is submitted they are public and I cant find a way to hide them, can this be amended?

[Edited on 21-6-22 by loggyboy]

rdodger - 21/6/22 at 09:03 AM

I also got this. Everything ok?

loggyboy - 21/6/22 at 09:26 AM

Ignore my email query -just found the tick box to make it private!

Mr Whippy - 21/6/22 at 11:17 AM

Thanks, didn't even twig it was shown by default which I think Admin need to go and correct.

This is the box you need to untick -

gremlin1234 - 21/6/22 at 01:49 PM

so to be able to post this I have had to re-enter my email address, and follow an email link

I notice that all the date fields are screwed up, ie register 1, and also location 1

I shall flag my own message to 'admins' so they know of the problems.

edit to add,
here is what I have 'reported'
"Hi Admins, there seems to be a problem with peoples profiles, needing to re-verify email address to post, and dates/locations all screwed up. [reporting my own post so hopefully you will see it] Best regards, the master Gremlin."

[Edited on 1 by gremlin1234]

_luke - 21/6/22 at 02:10 PM

We're on it but it will take a while to sort out.

gremlin1234 - 21/6/22 at 02:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by _luke
We're on it but it will take a while to sort out.

many thanks to Luke, and any team he has assisting him.

garybee - 21/6/22 at 06:02 PM

I've had the same. Have reset a couple of times now. Has the site been hacked or is this some other issue?

ChrisW - 21/6/22 at 07:43 PM

Please see https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/42/viewthread.php?tid=219458

Any queries reply below

gremlin1234 - 21/6/22 at 09:51 PM

it's good that you still care for the site.
thank you to Chris and Luke.

nick205 - 22/6/22 at 08:47 AM

Ditto

Thanks for keeping LCB going Chris (and Luke)!

Even for those not actually building cars it's still a great place for knowledge and idea sharing (and part trading too).

ianhurley20 - 22/6/22 at 04:11 PM

And another thank you for me - when I saw the - confirm your email before 1st June 2014 I thought it was a stupid hacker so backed oiut. Glad to see you (and Luke) have the situation under control

David Jenkins - 22/6/22 at 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
And another thank you for me - when I saw the - confirm your email before 1st June 2014 I thought it was a stupid hacker so backed oiut. Glad to see you (and Luke) have the situation under control

I had the same reaction - backed off and waited until later. Thanks from me as well!