Board logo

Help with university project
*greg* - 23/1/13 at 10:08 AM

HI,

I am new to the site and i am looking for a bit of advice. I am designing a constant camber compensation system for a double wishbone suspension setup for my final year University project ( Motorsport Engineering Beng ). I am after a front section of chassis so i can build a working front suspension system to make modifications to after a prototype design has been developed. If anyone could point me in the direction of someone selling an old damaged chassis or someone who has plans for a simple front end it would be a massive help. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Greg

Agriv8 - 23/1/13 at 11:10 AM

Welcolm

But I belive this has already been done on a DAX ? or are you looking at a different soloution ?

if not souds like you need a copy of * The Book *

ATB

pewe - 23/1/13 at 11:21 AM

You could do worse than have a chat to Matt at Procomp - linky .
He and Ivan build, service and repair Locost and others for racing.
Bear in mind that he is running a business so his time, though normally generously and freely given, costs.
Maybe a bit of quid pro quo?
Best of luck.
Cheers, Pewe10

*greg* - 23/1/13 at 11:25 AM

cheers guys , yeah have seen the DAX system its made by Walkers, but is rather intrusive and hard to apply as a after market modification. im trying to create something a little easier and more universal ( within limits )

phelpsa - 23/1/13 at 11:45 AM

I suspect that a lot of manufacturers with chassis jigs would be able to do just a front end. If you're in Derby, Aries aren't far a way.

luke - 23/1/13 at 12:03 PM

Use the McSorley plans and just manufacture the front end? Steel will be cheap to a university and im sure there will be someone there that can weld.

Plans - http://www.sevenesque.com/plans/

*greg* - 23/1/13 at 12:40 PM

thanks , ill inquire at uni