Board logo

Engine sprocket to prop flange
Frosty - 30/7/09 at 12:35 PM

I have a friend doing a BEC conversion on a car and he asked where I got my prop flange adapter for my Busa. This is the component that replaces the chain sprocket on the standard engine.

Mine came from Westfield so was sourced for me. He needs one splined to suit a GSXR1000 and ideally undrilled.

Does anyone know where they are available from?

matt_gsxr - 30/7/09 at 12:47 PM

something like a sprocket adaptor?

Try http://www.sprocket-adaptors.co.uk/

Matt

irvined - 30/7/09 at 02:10 PM

Second for Sprocket-adaptors.

Frosty - 30/7/09 at 02:23 PM

Cheers guys

tommyab - 30/7/09 at 02:49 PM

Slightly different but I was trying to fit mine today - cant get the old sprocket off though as cant undo the nut. Any suggestions? 05 R1 engine.

Cheers

sucksqueezebangblow - 30/7/09 at 04:37 PM

You need to jam the sproket so it doesn't turn. Check your manual to see how to do it.

Frosty - 30/7/09 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tommyab
Slightly different but I was trying to fit mine today - cant get the old sprocket off though as cant undo the nut. Any suggestions? 05 R1 engine.

Cheers

Yes use an impact wrench with the engine in gear, other wise you just end up spinning the sprocket freely.

MK chippy - 30/7/09 at 04:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Frosty
quote:
Originally posted by tommyab

Cheers

Yes use an impact wrench with the engine in gear, other wise you just end up spinning the sprocket freely.

Seconded^^^^^^^

Done this on mine and it was off in seconds.

Dave

tommyab - 30/7/09 at 06:31 PM

Many thanks gents. After a couple of hours struggling with it earlier tried your suggestion and was undone in about 10 seconds !