Board logo

Hayabusa gear box
MydT9 - 23/5/10 at 06:26 PM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can get a steel / alloy connector bar that has a splined hole to fit the gearbox shifter output (splined little end) to attach to my gear shifter rod?

On my old honda blackbird i simply cut down the alloy gear pedal which had the splined hole on one end but the Busa seems to be a 2 piece linkage affair and can't seem to locate the splined end version anywhere.

On the Radicals they have 3" narrow steel bar with a splined washer welded to it with holes along its length to alter the gear lever travel - anything like this would be good too...

Thanks,

Mydrian

Phil.J - 23/5/10 at 06:42 PM

Have a look on Ebay for a GSXR gear linkage/ drop arm. I think the spline size is the same across the GSXR range.
I use the drop arm from a GSXR1100 on my 'busa engine.

Browny - 23/5/10 at 06:54 PM

Phone Mk Sportscars, they have the splined parts on stock, you simply weld on the relevant lengh arm that you require.

richard thomas - 23/5/10 at 06:55 PM

I managed to use the original connector...worth a try?

MydT9 - 23/5/10 at 08:09 PM

Many thanks for the swift replies. I don't have the original linkage and as I will be running a Kliktronic actuator with paddles i just need a basic bar and I can make up the rest.

No luck with Ebay and breakers want silly money for an used part which i will be cutting up anyway.

Something will show up.

Cheers,

Myd

matt_gsxr - 23/5/10 at 10:36 PM

Suzuki use a 14mm spline across the range. This is different to other japanese manufacturers.

There were some earlier bikes with a simple "rod" (later bikes have the lever further back and use an actuating arm). The air/oil cooled gsxr1100 and the early gsxr400 might be appropriate.

Maybe "GEAR Change LEVER Universal Fit 4 SUZUKI DR GS RM TS"

Matt

MydT9 - 23/5/10 at 10:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
Suzuki use a 14mm spline across the range. This is different to other japanese manufacturers.

There were some earlier bikes with a simple "rod" (later bikes have the lever further back and use an actuating arm). The air/oil cooled gsxr1100 and the early gsxr400 might be appropriate.

Maybe "GEAR Change LEVER Universal Fit 4 SUZUKI DR GS RM TS"

Matt

Matt, you are a STAR !!! ;-)

Thanks,

Myd