Board logo

r1 mot emissions
bassett - 10/7/13 at 11:04 AM

Hi guys, had a difficult day today with my mnr vortx r1's emissions. Its a 5pw with a smallish cat we fit for the mot. Last year with some messing around on the power commander we got it just about there. Ive since lost the map and when we came to test today i had to map quickly as it was tested. I was at -25 then -35 on the power commander whilst coughing and spluttering and we were just about there but before we could finalise the map out we had melted the test equipment probably caused by the heat of running lean and to the annoyance of the garage owner. Now we need to return and get it sorted. Any tips?

Do you guys have to exceed -35 on the power commander?

Does anyone have an mot map they could send me?

What cats do you use and do you run them all year round?

Adam

Davey D - 10/7/13 at 12:04 PM

ive got a 5vy R1, and ive melted 3x lambda probes at 3 different places during emissions testing... including the one at my SVA test it did pass though!

you need to find somewhere that can remove the stainless flexy end, and fit a long length of copper tubing to the end of the emissions probe, then it should last for the test.

i think mine was set around -40 or so during the SVA test

bassett - 10/7/13 at 05:22 PM

Thanks Davey thats interesting about the probe. Its actually my mates dads garage so he might consider messing around with some copper as he wants to help but with a ton of other customer cars and now a broken probe we were testing his patience after a wasted hour plus.

I will also try -40 and see if that helps